Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Will CRACKLING when using EQ's and crossfader ever be mentioned or fixed?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When using the EQ's and the crossfader there is substantial crackling. This was present albeit far worse, in the beta version of Atomix 1.2 when I tried it. It is also terrible in Ejay Mixstation, which of course, is a souped-up version of the 1.2 beta.

Although it is not as bad in the final 2.0 version as it is in the 1.2 beta, it is still bad and ruins recordings. I and many others keep pointing this out but it is CONTINUALLY IGNORED.

Try answering the people who have bought this program.

Also, the sound quality, although better than 1.12, is still crap. There is no mid-range or treble in the sound, you have to knock the treble and mid-range EQ's up by a large amount to have the song sound how it should do by default, but then thoise crappy EQ's create distortion if they are placed much past their default centre position.

Change the EQ's so that when they are in their default position, they don't remove the high-end and mid-range sound, also, you have the bass turned up too much when the bass EQ is in default position. You should not set EQ's like that, they should be playing the song without adding or subtracting any of the frequency ranges when they are set to their centre positions. You have purposely added bass and removed treble and mid-range. That is not for you to do.

While at it, stop the EQ's from distorting the sound when they are increased beyond a certain level, look at Traktor's EQ's for guidance on that.

Now, will this be ignored AS WELL??

DJ Bonaire

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 7:12 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I mix in a club, and not even the DJ´s with vinyls recognize this.

How often and how long do you want to rush here?

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 12:21 am
Maybe it only happens on some computers, such as with Atomixmp3 1.12 where only some people suffered from the skipping beats...?

You wouldn't notice the missing mid and high end sounds in a club because the music is often so loud and sent out all over the place with so many speakers, the higher frequencies get lost anyway. I DJ in a club and know this happens from experience. Also, I presume you are using an external mixer, therefore, you will have Atomix in hardware mode, bypassing the Atomix EQ's, so the sound will be in it's normal state, it's the EQ's that remove the higher frequencies when in their default positions. And, you will have the eq's on the external mixer and amplifiers set to give out more high and mid range.

You must remember there are people without external mixers who use this program at home connected to ordinary hi-fi's, not dedicated expensive high quality amplifiers. These people have to rely on the eq's in Atomix, which is why they were asked for by so many people.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 1:48 pm
Yes... really need a patch to use EQ in hardware mode because the crackling coming when something is moved like EQ buttons, volume button or crossfader. I'm not sure but I think it's because my sound blaster IRQ and video card IRQ are the same... Whit Windows XP it's harder to change IRQ setting... I hope there will be a patch soon !!

Posted Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 10:29 pm
Gotta agree guys I purchased Ejay mixstation and have constant problems with crackling when moving the crossfader/volume/EQ. Its a real shame that something like this ruins a otherwise very neat package. COME ON ATOMIX/EJAY bring a patch out and fix this annoying problem.

DJG

Mixes available from all good record stores. :)

Posted Sat 16 Feb 02 @ 12:00 pm
Good News,
Just got hold of the new beta drivers from a source at Ejay which brings the version number to 1.1 (Ejay) the basic ejay version v1 is a beefed version of automix2.0
I believe so this is a hot of the press release. I too had probs with crackling but this seems to cure the prob.

post an interest and I'll email ya it.

happy mixing.

Posted Wed 20 Feb 02 @ 5:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)