Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bad .wav quality when recording

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
After I've recorded a wav file, the quality of that file isn't the quality I have when i just decode a mp3. Now I have a pentiumII-350, 64 ram and a soundblaster pci128, so it just should work correctly or not? Does anyone know how to solve this problem and how to get my wav files to cd-quality???? Thnx already DJ Redhot

Posted Wed 07 Feb 01 @ 10:54 am
There shouldnt be nuthin wrong w/ the quality, try checkin ur speakers, or soundcard.

Posted Sun 18 Feb 01 @ 12:05 am
Atomix is crap when it comes to sound quality i'm afraid especially if you're recording as you have to have in soft mode to record, this lessens the quality and unless you have a NASA computer or a Pentium 5 20000Mhz you will have glitches and pauses in the playback of tunes while mixing them. Give it up, save up, and buy two direct drive turntables, a mixer and some funky LP's.

Posted Sun 18 Feb 01 @ 6:57 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

it´s not right what you are writing. I had an old ISA AWE 64 soundcard with a PIII@500 and the sound wasn´t good. I invested in a SB Live Player 5.1 and now the sound is really great!

mama

Posted Mon 19 Feb 01 @ 6:30 am
Hi,

try to disable "master tempo" in the settings menu. This function may cause low quality when recording.

Regards
mama

Posted Fri 23 Feb 01 @ 7:12 am
I think that if I have to disable master tempo to solve a problem,that's a bug.Master tempo is very important to me.What I do to record is very simple:
With a sound-blaster live,I put a splitter on the PGM output and now I have 2 PGM's outputs and
one monitoring output.I put the speakers to one output and the other I put a cable to the Input In conector,so while I'm mixing(hardware mode),cool edit pro is recording,with it I can see how's the level of the music is,and I can control the volume at atomix...
It really functions without affecting the atomix performance...

Posted Sun 22 Apr 01 @ 1:39 pm
The reason master tempo makes the sound quality suffer is that in order to speed up the song without chagning the pitch, some samples (out of the 44,100 per second) need to be dropped. Sometimes you lose important ones... but what are you going to do?

Now if we had 96khz soundcards that would be no problem..

Posted Sun 13 May 01 @ 9:58 am
An easier way to record without atomix's record function, if you have an Soundblaster card - is to use the creative sound recorder set to record 'what you hear'.

It does give better sound quality than using the built in record function in atomix.

DJ Dave Ocean

Posted Sun 13 May 01 @ 5:36 pm
AMD 1350MHz
512MB RAM
SB Live!
Win2000

"quete" you will have glitches and pauses in the playback of tunes while mixing them "quote"

Is this really normal? can atomix makers do a patch for us? I hate those bugs, cause i want to make good quality mix and spread it. I normally mix trance.

Posted Sat 15 Sep 01 @ 2:01 am
That´s a bug with Win2000. It´s corrected in the new release!

mama

Posted Sat 15 Sep 01 @ 8:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)