Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: automix not work on VBR

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is there a way to make automix work with VBR files? I don't think so but maybe I missed something in settings.

And if not: I already posted on the bugs report that automix doesn't work on most VBR files -- it can't figure out an end marker, stops at end of file instead of mixing it or runs to end of the file and then crossfades, leaving dead space between tracks. Not sure if this will be fixed or not. I hope so as I have a ton of VBRs. But I'd like to add that if the programmers can't or don't fix this, then please consider adding at least an option that would allow straight crossfading purely setup by fade length rather than end markers so vbr files could automix smoothly. As a mobile dj, sometimes I setup dinner music for an hour or more that I need to run smoothly on autopilot. As it stands now, since vdj won't do vbr on automix, I have to use another dj program (BPM Pro - doesn't come close the smart automix of vdj but has autocrossfades set purely by amount of seconds to fade) for dinner music, then switch to vdj when I do dance music. I know you can setup up fade length in vdj now, but it still relies on end markers to auto crossfade.

VBR inoperability on automix aside, I have to say that I think the performance and flexibility of automix in 1.07 b is a huge improvement from 1.07 and much appreciated.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 8:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)