Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: scratch with mouse wheel!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The title of this post says it all. I know you can click and drag in the waveform display of the active player and rock the waveform back and forth to "scratch like you can on a turntable. But it would kick ass to be able to do this with the mouse wheel!

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 7:25 pm
You took the words right out of my mouth !!!!!!!!

Thatd be sound fricking cool if you could !!!! you'd get such better control than just by dragging the mouse.

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 4:54 am
Precision... that word says it all.. I'm not entirely sure but the movement of the mousewheel seems to be pretty rough, at least with the games, apps and different hardware(=mice) I've tested..

Settings like the PS/2 refresh-rate don't effect the mouswheel as it seems to have a rather "snappy" control..
With that setting for example you can control how often the mouse cursor location is read and updated...
with the scroll wheel the only setting seems to be how many rows to scroll for each click so it seems to snap to specific scroll-values or basically just move a set distance (=number of rows)

That could lead to some pretty cool effects if you know your scrollwheel by hard and make a rather break-beat'ish scratch-effect (one fast fixed-length scratch on each beat) but as for precision in the movement.. I'm not sure..

@ any coder with the technical know-how:
Am I right? about this or is the "snap to scroll-value/move X lines" behaviour just the default solution? Can you change it to a smooth scroll easily (even though many scrollwheels have a click/snap-locking wheel)?

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 12:22 pm
(me so tired, me no think, spelling no beauty)
"..know your mousewheel by HEART..."

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 2:13 pm
word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sat 08 Jun 02 @ 10:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)