Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Audiogalaxy alternative?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

laxskanHome userMember since 2001
Has anyone found a good source of MP3 files since the closure of audiogalaxy. I've tried winmx, morphios, etc. But nothing realy compares to AG.

into house, big beat, disco, soul, anything with a beat really

Posted Tue 20 Aug 02 @ 7:52 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I know of a quick one its called blubster, not sure if it has rare tracks, my guess is just wait a bit and let people get settled eventually we will all be using the same software again.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posted Wed 21 Aug 02 @ 12:40 am
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
I have been quite satisfied with Kazaa. It has over 1.8 million users logged in at any one time, sharing over 2.3 million gigabytes of files, including music and video. Try it, I am sure it will have what you're looking for. I have found even the rarest oldies and old skool music on Kazaa.

Posted Wed 21 Aug 02 @ 9:24 am
u cud try iMesh - really fast

Posted Wed 21 Aug 02 @ 8:43 pm
soulseek

Posted Wed 21 Aug 02 @ 11:47 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Local record store.

Posted Thu 22 Aug 02 @ 12:06 am
SoulSeek definately

Unground keeps on living

Posted Thu 22 Aug 02 @ 12:07 am
WinMx is #1

Posted Thu 22 Aug 02 @ 9:32 am
GS2000Home userMember since 2002
Out of all the p2p servers I like Kazaa the best. I always seem to find the songs I want plus other remixed versions. Download is pretty fast too.

Posted Thu 22 Aug 02 @ 5:12 pm
Yeah, I'm very impressed and loyal to kazaa. It's just like napster was, but carries more than music.

-MixMasterMatt

Posted Thu 22 Aug 02 @ 9:11 pm
Forget WinMX, Kazaa, and the rest of that crap where you can't find any new releases. Go to http://sk.nikita.cx/ and download Soulseek!

Posted Thu 22 Aug 02 @ 11:09 pm
I'll give it a try if u say it has alot of new releases. Why not

Posted Fri 23 Aug 02 @ 9:04 am
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
I think there's a bit of a mis-conception about these P2P services. It looks like most of the posts are suggesting that the service itself, provides the music, rare and remixed versions, and yet it is more the users that have downloaded and signed up to that service that store and share that music.

In my opinion, it would make more sense for someone to choose a P2P agent that has got the most users that log onto it. This way, it's easier for someone to find the music or content he needs, rather than saying that particular software actually has the content. It's all about the users that share their content on whichever service. If Kazaa is shutdown, and everyone moves to SoulSeek, you'll have over 100 million SoulSeek users, with an average of 3 million logged in each day, sharing content. SoulSeek will then become the hottest thing, not because of it's intrinsic value, per se, but because of the users that are signed onto it.

In my opinion, choose whichever software you think has got the largest number of users, and you'll get all the music you want there.

Posted Fri 23 Aug 02 @ 10:10 am
well that seems correct in theory... too bad it isn't correct tho. if you have 3 million users, who all have shit, that's just 3 million times the shit. kazaa is great if you want to find software, video, pictures, documents, and MAINSTREAM music. kazaa sucks a fat one for finding rare tracks. and i really don't think people believe that it's the p2p app that provides the music... at least i would really hope not... soulseek is still way way better for finding electronic, underground, and rare tracks. if you want anything non music related, or if you want mainstream or top 40 crap, kazaa rules... otherwise, almost all the other p2p apps are way better.

phatty720
dave

Posted Fri 23 Aug 02 @ 3:04 pm
laxskanHome userMember since 2001
Thanks everyone, soulseek does seem to be the best at the moment, very quick and responsive lots of good tracks. But its just not as good as ag sob..sob.. hey what do you expect for nothing?

Posted Sat 24 Aug 02 @ 10:51 am
SoulSeek combined with AG's groups and AG's group sends
that would be perfect!!!!

yvesdenchief

Posted Sun 25 Aug 02 @ 12:44 am
I checked out Soulseek and YES I was able to find tracks that I was not able to find on WinMx. WinMx has alot more users but Soulseek users seemed to be more electronica minded. Very nice! I will use both.

Posted Sun 25 Aug 02 @ 6:18 am
MIRC.com it has more than all those other services combined by far I bet it takes a little while to learn how to use it but when you do wow! it is awsome

Posted Tue 27 Aug 02 @ 6:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)