Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: sound quality still sucks in 2.1.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

karelHome userMember since 2002
hey guys try this:
1. time stretch - disabled
2. play a song
3. increase or decrease the pitch of the song

result: the nasty sound artifacts that have existed in atomixmp3 since version 1 are still there.

for best results , play some trance tunes and listen through a good pair of headphones.

Posted Tue 30 Jul 02 @ 8:18 pm
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
I take it you never saw the Change Log for the patch. The Change Log didn't have any "real" technical fixes this time round. Maybe in the next patch or upgrade.

Posted Wed 31 Jul 02 @ 11:38 am
maybe it will never happen.

Posted Wed 31 Jul 02 @ 6:31 pm
Does this happen with every song that you play?

I know I have the same problem...But it's been due to bad mp3-quality. If you are making your own mp3s, try sampling them with greater quality.

But I hear you... It would be nice to get rid of that sound on all my mp3s.

- Jim

Posted Wed 31 Jul 02 @ 7:22 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I keep time stretch enabled. I use the 8% setting. I have never yet had problems with the poor sound that you mention. Perhaps you are using the 34% setting. If that's the case, try the same song at 8% and see if it's still a problem. Wouldn't it be awesome if we had another choice or 2 in between 8% & 34%

Posted Wed 31 Jul 02 @ 7:44 pm
karelHome userMember since 2002
i also tested out the theory of a poorly encoded mp3 file. using the same settings, i tested out some cds. these cds did not come from mp3s. these cds are not copies either, but original audio cds. the sound artifacts remained and behave similar to mp3 playback of music, in that only certain songs would bring out these noises. again the sound became loud and clear once i enabled time stretch. I really hate time stretch, when i raise the pitch, i want to really raise the pitch, not just change the bpm.

Posted Thu 01 Aug 02 @ 6:53 am
mine sounds great

Posted Fri 16 Aug 02 @ 3:30 am
GS2000Home userMember since 2002
It's digital. What do you expect?

Posted Thu 22 Aug 02 @ 5:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)