Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Volume and Beat Matching: Version 1 vs Version 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JerDogPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have the problem where when you start up Atomix mp3 it adjusts your volume on your computer to full blast? Everytime I start up it does this. A question about the automatic beatmatching as well .... in the first version it seemed very simple in that all you had to do was press the magic button and it would automatically adjust the bpm's etc. and make everything match up. On the new version it does not seem to do this, am I doing something wrong? I am pressing the beatmix button but it does not seem to adjust the bpm properly. Maybe someone can help me with this.

Jer Dog

Calgary, Canada

Posted Sun 23 Jun 02 @ 6:45 am
Have a look at options panel.

Posted Sun 23 Jun 02 @ 8:49 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
To stop atomix from blasting the volume enable the multi instance option. And as for the inproper bpm check the options panel.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Sun 23 Jun 02 @ 9:00 am
Right first things first - Volume - I think whn Atomix starts up it atomatically puts up the Wave Volume to 100% - Adjust your speakers to cope with this,,,- also have a look in the options panels and make sure that auto level is turned ON - that way you can propose a set level and atomix will keep all songs to that level,,,,

Secondly - it would help more if we knew what type of music you are playing... - I have found a big difference in the engine in Version 1.2 to version 2.1 - I found it was better in the new version...

If you want anymore advice add me to MSN - dchristie_2000@hotmail.com

Posted Mon 24 Jun 02 @ 8:18 pm
Btw - Homeboy - why would turning on Multi Instance stop the volume going up full blast ? - this option simply allows more than one run of atomix to be executed...

Posted Mon 24 Jun 02 @ 8:20 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Don't know why, but enabling multi instance prevents Atomix from adjusting your main windows volume all the way up. Perhaps it's because if you had atomix up and running, and for some reason you had adjusted your windows volume to half. then if enabling multi instance to launch another deck, whatever you are playing wouldn't imediately double in volume. It's just my theory, and as always, I could be wrong. But what I do know is that if you have multi instance enabled, your windows volume won't be maxed when you launch atomix.

Posted Mon 24 Jun 02 @ 11:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)