Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I didn't realise that the ...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Soundcards mentioned in previous posts were that expensive!

Bearing in mind I'm no whizz with computers and all I want to do is hear the track being cued up, what soundcard would be the best value for money? Advice please.

I is only amusing meself in my room, so high quality sound isn't a priority although I don't want no sub-standard crud.

I have the full version of Atomix and it does truly rock! My computer is 2mths old, so it runs XP and should support most cards...I fink!

Thanks in advance

Posted Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 2:57 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Well I reccomend just using your onboard audio and a y splitter, I am a Pro DJ and work every weekend and thats what I use : )

DJ Homeboy

Posted Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 3:27 am
Exactly.. use what you have.. shopping for hardware on a budget is never satisfying..
..but I haven't heard one truly shitty soundcard for the past 10 years and I've heard a few.. the only soundcard I wasn't pleased with was my old SB16..
I and my friends/colleagues/family have had all kinds of no-name cards installed and I haven't had a problem with any of them (me being the unofficial tech-support for the mentioned parties :)

If your 'puter is bought as a completely assembled PC (and it was quite new) then I would assume that any on-board sound-card they would have put in it will have reasonble soundquality.. I myself am blasting my speakers with an onboard AC'97-compatible no-name chip without any problems :o)

Posted Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 10:04 am
Thanks, y-splitter?? downloadable? where?

Cheers

Posted Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 9:19 pm
a y splitter is a small piece of sound'hardware', you can buy it your local music store

price about a dollar :)

Posted Tue 25 Jun 02 @ 1:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)