Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I swear to god ...... XP is the Best !!!!!!!!!!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I just installed on old crappy soundblaster 16 pci card on my other PIII with Windows 2000. I had to download 5 megs of software/drivers, restart the computer about 5 times and took almost a total of 20 mins.

I just installed an SB Live! card on my XP PRO system ... all i did was install the soundcard itself and turned on my computer .... it installed the driver by itself in 25 secs, just had to reboot and already installed !!! Worked with atomix instantly !!!!! No other configuarations required !?!?!??!?!?!??!

I swear by XP ... the system runs so fast ... it has drivers for everything ... NEVER crashes .... its almost actually worth buying ?! Anyone ... please share your experiences with XP.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 6:29 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
I have to agree, XP is the best OS M$ has ever made.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 6:32 pm
NB: w2000 install immediatly SB Live! 1card :)) (1024)

I don't like XP, I prefer w95 oem1 or wME, the best Microsoft OS...

^_^

Posted Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 8:11 pm
laxskanHome userMember since 2001
mmmmmmmmmmm............ WIERD!??

Posted Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 9:45 pm
What!? I run Atomix with w95...

Posted Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 9:54 pm
alreaHome userMember since 2003
I can't stand XP, to heavy. I just prefer 2k... I hope that Atomix will run under wine soon.

Adrien

Posted Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 10:05 pm
[obligatory linux-is-better post]

Posted Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 11:48 pm
are you serious ? ... win95 ?!?!?!? =S woah ?! How can you possibly run an operating system thats over 8 years old ?! How can things run at an optimal level ?!?!

I don't consider XP to be a heavy operating system ... since Xp makes the most use of systems resources !!

Posted Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 6:28 am
well trip, xp certainly is good. but if you don't have a lot of ram, it's a system hog. i think it has a lot of unnecessary things. but compared to what else there is.. it's definitely very good. Linux can be super solid, but i'm spoiled by the ease of use of windows, and everything non-IBM has been getting the shaft for close to a decade now. too bad, competition would only make computers and software better.

phatty720
dave

Posted Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 8:00 am
ive been using xp since january '02 and it has NEVER crashed on me and it installed my printer and scanner before i got to the desktop after installing it. i recommend it, but u need a decent pc 2 run it properly

Posted Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 7:41 pm
For w95, it is joke! For Atomix AND games, I use w98se. For all appz, it is wXP.
:)))

Posted Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 8:33 pm
XP is best for:
1. Cool Interface
2. Work flawlessly with Atomixmp3.
That's all I care for

I don't use XP at all. I use Linux since i'm a developer.

Posted Fri 21 Jun 02 @ 6:44 pm
jamfu1LE userMember since 2006
LINUX is way better than windows...wish virtual dj would run on it
much more stable

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 4:20 pm
wow.. funny how you brought up a 4 year old thread just to say that...

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 5:20 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Quick, close it before Conquest arrives..:)

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 5:26 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
^^ hehe LOL

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 6:05 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lol :)

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 9:51 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Bagpuss wrote :
Quick, close it before Conquest arrives..:)

;D Ok, there are Windows, Linux... but not Machintosh...

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 9:53 pm
I used Atomixmp3 on win 95 for a bit. Then on win98 until about one year ago when the wife bought me a newer 'puter with XP. And the best OS so far (for me) is XP. Takes all the work out of installing stuff. Now I run Atomix at home AND at work. (I own the company) At work its on a laptop.
I have to be a good boy(do the dishes etc) before she buys me VDJ.

Keep the beat sweet.

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 10:31 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Another LOL Raw-Bear, hey, maybe if you do good she will get ya a Hercules MK2 too :)))

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 1:57 am
95%