Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: QUESTION ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VOXDCPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I wanted to know how everyone that uses atomix mix their music, do you use the crossfader, do you use the eq to switch to the next song. I am trying to get extra tips on how to mix the best way that i can. I started off using the crossfader, but recently, i only use the eq, but it is pretty hard. I don't know which one to bring first, the high, the mid or the bass. Also, I have a lot of problem with the bass, when i mix, and both bass are on, the sound just sounds horrible, I have tried to lower one but the sound still sux. I would just like to know how do you guys mix your songs to the perfection, as I would like to do the same. Oh yeah, I only use my keyboard, no external mixer or other stuff. I use the shortcuts. Any help would be greatfull. Thanx.

---VOXDC---

Posted Thu 13 Jun 02 @ 4:35 am
I use EQ-crossfaders combined with the regular crossfader, and the reason you bass-lines get messed up is because the are propably not in phase with eachother.. try pausing/starting one of the tracks or Ctrl+Leftarrow to skip a beat and see if they align better then...
When(/if) you get them in phase with eachother it will still thump if you let both play at full volume (=always lower one of them) but it won't sound as messy as I assume it does now..

Posted Thu 13 Jun 02 @ 10:05 am
i also use eq crossfaders (beware, they are not on each skin) and the crossfader... It works fine for me, but i also have an external mixer which i prefer because the equalizer is much much better (in atomix there goes too much too mid and too less to high), in my external mixer everything is perfectly splitted in 3 parts that makes is so much easier to mix...

Posted Thu 13 Jun 02 @ 12:55 pm
DaSOHome userMember since 2001
one major problem with two tracks' bass playing at once especially when mixing a song made with an older drum machine (such as most daft punk songs) is that the timing between beats is not always exact and will vary slightly. When mixing onto a newer track with precise timing each beat will sound a little different as each bass beat lands before on or after the other bass beat. To avoid this, fade out bass or wait until a "valley" or transitional part of the song with no bass, and switch the bass fader or eq at that time.

Posted Fri 14 Jun 02 @ 8:09 am
Right - I started off on v1.12 using the smooth crossfade - which sounded ok until i heard v2.1.
In 2.1 its very very VERY important to get a good skin - that you feel comfortable - my favourite is F Mix Pro - i like it because of the EQ Sliders - meaning you can fade from one beat or bassline to the other.. very nice feature
Saying this - i have just started playing about with my mixer - the results aren't too good right now - but i think they will improve on practising...

Add me to MSN if you have it and I can explain a little bit more about this... - Atomix is a very versatile program - only problem is - learning to tame it..... ;)

Laters - DJ Atomix - AKA Dave :D
dchristie_2000@hotmail.com

Posted Fri 14 Jun 02 @ 7:24 pm
(shameless promotion)

hey if you like eq sliders.. try my skin Bassik LE. just got posted yesterday. :) you'll love the sliders on there.

phatty720
dave

Posted Fri 14 Jun 02 @ 7:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)