Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: new version 2.2? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sorry ... I would have thought that you guys would be fixing that first thing ? I guess I stand corrected !! But you mean there is a possibility that it might not even be fixed for the next version ? Oh well .... my bad.

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 6:13 am
there is allready a pitch bend button assignable in the shortcuts menu, but as you describe it (speeding the percentage up and down as you hold it longer) it doesn't work, it just keeps the same in atomixmp3, so maybe the crew needs to fix that yes...

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 4:10 pm
Rick .... You know what would be cool .... if the nudge can be configured same as the pitch bend through keyobard shortcuts. That way when you nudge one of the decks with the scratch enabled using keyboard shortcuts, you actually hear the "pitch" bending.

See what I am saying ?1

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 6:03 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To be honest, and this hadn't really occurred to me until I read this, I have never even once used a keyboard shortcut. I use the keyboard for searches, and the mouse for absolutely everything else. I'll bet I'm missing out on some pretty cool possibilities. I'm going to make it a point to familiarize myself with the set shortcuts, and mess around with them and see what happens.

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 2:02 pm
there is on big positive thing on keyboard shortcuts: you can change pitch of both songs at the same time, so you can go to the pitch 100% of the new inserted track while mixing the two songs which is impossible with just the mouse, with the keyboard you just press both pitch up/down buttons at the same time... And using the keyboard looks more professional than only using a mouse, i even created my own keyboard for use with atomixmp3 (just removed 50% of the buttons, put a plastic board over the empy buttons and put stickers on each button, looks really nice)

Posted Thu 06 Jun 02 @ 12:16 am
oops forgot to log on

Posted Thu 06 Jun 02 @ 12:17 am
Could we see a picture of that home made keyboard ? :-)

Posted Thu 06 Jun 02 @ 12:51 pm
sure just email me so i know your email adress, i will mail you the picture

Posted Thu 06 Jun 02 @ 6:42 pm
and what's your e-mail adres?

Posted Thu 06 Jun 02 @ 9:04 pm
oh yes, how stupid of me, it's cooldirkth@hotmail.com

Posted Thu 06 Jun 02 @ 11:49 pm
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
I would like to comment on the skipping problem as well. This should really be first priority. I would like to ask that developers test upcoming Atomix patches and major upgrades on all Windows platforms including:

Windows 2000 Server SP2
Windows 2000 Professional SP2
Windows XP
Windows ME
Windows 98

The reason I have asked this is because I have noticed that several of the Atomix users that experience skipping are running Windows 2000. Windows XP and Windows 98 experience skipping as well, but at a less degree than those using Windows 2000.

Also, Atomix patches and upgrades need to be tested for skipping on platforms including:

Intel Pentium processors
AMD Athlon processors
Motherboards with Intel Chipsets
Motherboards with VIA Chipsets
Motherboards with SIS Chipsets

Also, testing with major sound card vendors such as Creative, and their latest/stock drivers, would be a good idea, so that the new patches are moulded around the common hardware. Of course, we can't satisfy everyone's platform, but let these serve as a basis for the common non-proprietory home/professional computing hardware.

Many thanks and good work everyone.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 02 @ 12:51 pm
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
I would like to comment on the skipping problem as well. This should really be first priority. I would like to ask that developers test upcoming Atomix patches and major upgrades on all Windows platforms including:

Windows 2000 Server SP2
Windows 2000 Professional SP2
Windows XP
Windows ME
Windows 98

The reason I have asked this is because I have noticed that several of the Atomix users that experience skipping are running Windows 2000. Windows XP and Windows 98 experience skipping as well, but at a less degree than those using Windows 2000.

Also, Atomix patches and upgrades need to be tested for skipping on platforms including:

Intel Pentium processors
AMD Athlon processors
Motherboards with Intel Chipsets
Motherboards with VIA Chipsets
Motherboards with SIS Chipsets

Also, testing with major sound card vendors such as Creative, and their latest/stock drivers, would be a good idea, so that the new patches are moulded around the common hardware. Of course, we can't satisfy everyone's platform, but let these serve as a basis for the common non-proprietory home/professional computing hardware.

Many thanks and good work everyone.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 02 @ 12:57 pm
First off... I LOVVVVVE Atomix!!! You people behind the scenes all deserve tons of props and respect! You are simply amazing - all the coders, the betatesters, everyone...

I would like to share some (more) ideas for VERY useful wish-list features.

The right-clicking cut for everything is useful as F***! however, i often find that it is simply too abrupt. Perhaps you could just write an option (or a shortcut) that would turn the normal cut (still leave it as a possibility) into more of an EXTREMELY fast slide. IE - instead of going from 100% bass - 0%, go from 100-90-80-70-60-50-40-30-20-10-0: and progressing faster as the numbers go down. Much like actually doing it by hand. This should eliminate the "clicking" that often occurs using this feature, especially if you don't click it perfectly with the beat. ;)

I also propose (and this would help for EVERYONE, mixing EVERY styles) to be able to change the colors on the 'Visual Mix Window' [without DL'ing a new skin], and in addition, it is imperative that there be a "tapping" BPM counter WITHIN Atomix. It would also be more helpful if you could incorporate this into the visual counter. IE - tap the beat on the visual graph, and then have it highlight the TRUE beats (for example, green and red) and then it would be SIMPLE to mix by hand. Of course, for this to work, it should save THIS true bpm (calculated for at least 20 sec) and apply it to the whole song (and the bpm portion of the song info).

However, one thing that would be the ULTIMATE - as someone else has already proposed - is the idea of being able to set up macros that would enable multiple operations at the same time. I believe that this should be fairly simple to do. This could be done simply by having the program analyze the state that it currently is in (including all of the eq settings). This could then be preset A. Then you could, say, turn the treble and midrange totally off, and then record preset B. Then have a simple user-defined choice between a common operation (like you have with the crossfade options) to set between the macro. Like a "smooth" gradual fade from A (full eq) to B (no mid or treble). You set your own time to apply it for (the length to go from A - B). Of course, with multiple operations like this (IE multiple macros), this could be amazingly useful and the possibilities endless!! You could set up a macro to take out the midrange and treble, and then another one to preset a specific crossfading technique or bass or midrange on the other deck!! It would be phenomenal if you could set up more than 2 variables too, like 4-5. But 2 would be VERY doable. I'm an amateur programmer and I'm sure it couldn't be THAT hard to do! (One would only have to analyze how macros work!)

Not working with vinyl, i'm not positive as to how scratching is accomplished. I know it has to do with lots of different crossfading techniques and patterns (in addition to selecting the right portion of a song to scratch). I propose shortcuts (that you either hold or press to alter the EQ of the digitized scratching - like press T and it raises the tone) and to also do certain patterns X-fading automatically matched to the beat of the other deck...

I have had other ideas, but they escape me at the moment. People, feel free to comment and expand. This program is AMAZING as is, but with these options, it would be out of this world, and nothing would be stopping the evolution of the CJ (computer jockey)'s!!!! ;)

PLUR,
~~CJ Myllennium~~

Posted Wed 12 Jun 02 @ 11:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)