Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Absence..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After a brief absence from DJing (about 9 years) I will being doing my first function here in a few days for roughly 250-350 people in the community I currently reside in. I have been in the "lab" for about a month now practicing and playing mostly for my collegues after hours. Is there any advice, anyone can give this old-school DJ before I go out and move the crowd.

Thanx!

V

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 11:05 am
Yeah mate - onlyadvice i could give ya is try and enjoy it as much as those on the floor ;)

Dave

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 11:08 am
WOW, 9 years is a long time to be out the game,I was out for 5 years before getting back into it,I played a gig in front of 500 people,and i tell ya it was bloody nervracking for th first 30 mins,but once you get back into the swing of things,your adrenalin starts pumpin, then you know youll be ok,I think if you keep up with the music and its changes over the years,you wont have any problems. just enjoy!!!!

dj pb EDINBURGH

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 2:00 pm
Hey PB - Im in Dundee - nice to see us scots in here ;)

dchristie_2000@hotmail.com

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 3:28 pm
how u doin up there in sunny dundee,how long have u had ur atomix and what do u think of it? what kind of tunes r u into?hows the clubscene in dundee? Im of to privelege in glasgow tonight to get mad with it, trevor rielly and scott mackey on the decks,u wont get a better night out! r u into the clubscene?
cheers mate , paul, edinburgh.
weebroony@msn.com

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 4:47 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
My advice is have a good tome ! Pay attention to how the crowd reacts to each song you play and remember what made them dance and what didn't.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 8:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)