Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: No more updates ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I am not sure where I seen it posted but someone said that there would be no more updates for registered users.

true or not ?

DJ Homeboy

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 2:32 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i saw it too... however when 2.0 was released, the news said atomix updates would be free forever to registered users. I'll take the word of the Atomix news page over a random post.

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 2:49 am
"If you bought the full version of AtomixMP3, you are entitled for free updates."

That was taken from the main download page. ... I am not sure if they are talking about previous versions ? Although where it says you can buy it ... it has NO indication of receiving future updates for free ?

Dams, Yan-X, Mama: Any clarification ?

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 7:08 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
What was printed when you bought the software ?

If you bought before the 2.1, it was printed you'll get all future upgrades for free. So we'll respect that.

Since the 2.1 we removed this sentence, so new users won't get the major upgrades for free (but they might have small patches to fix the bugs).

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 7:43 am
i had posted something about it, i saw it stated by a team member in another topic on this forum. i posted something and it got deleted.. but not according to them, that's why i posted the "what a shame" topic. i'll see if i can find the original post again. if i find it i'll put it up. be back in about 2 minutes

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:29 am
how nice.. not there.. splendid. there's a post that kind of adresses updates but the original post that made me write something in the first place is gone. hey, i'm hope i'm wrong. i would love to keep getting free future updates. but go check it out.. it's the topic "Why should i buy Atomix?" it's a topic that they locked (red icon) but here's the cursious part.. it says that there are 9 replies. when i go in, i don't see 9.. do you? hmm.. iiiiinnnteresting. my post is gone, along with the one that made me originally write. and no i did NOT ask for a password or talk about anything illegal whatsoever.

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:34 am
Clearly there is a rather poorly orchestrated cover-up going on, implemented by the Atomix Team. The fact that there is no response from any of them on this topic is damning enough.

Ask them no questions and they will tell you no lies.

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 1:25 pm
Thread: "Why should I buy Atomix..."

9 posts apparently. Actually only 5 left in there now.

4 posts deleted, but why? According to the author of one of the missing posts, his post merely asked about the free update scenario. Hmm, let's look at the last post in there from Yan-X:

"First the time limit is about every ten minutes so if you can mix more than 4 hours withut any popup messages, it 's that you're using a crack (poor hacker!)

now concerning the update policy, when you buy the software you will receive all the minors updates.

Our old policy was only a way to thanks our first users."

This would suggest that only 'patches' fixing bug issues will be free to the newer users but program updates from one version to the next will no longer be available, except to the old users, as a 'thank you' for buying the program in the past, whereas present users purchasing the program and helping to keep the company going receive no such 'thank you' gift. Illogical.

It would also appear that this news should not have been announced yet, as there are more fish to hook before they are put off their purchase by hearing that updates will be chargeable. Cynical?

Atomix has a history of deleting anything or ignoring issues that have been announced or 'leaked' too soon. They have always been very secretive in the past about everything from new versions to update release dates to current situations, much to their detriment, whether they care to admit or realise it or not.

Anyone would think that this company is infested with politicians. A forum where you can say absolutely anything you like as long as it's what Atomix WANTS you to say. Along the lines of the George Orwell - Animal Farm quote: "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others" but in this case it should be: "All posts are equal but some posts are more equal than others, IF they say what Atomix wants them to say"

What next? Will every post in these forums have to end with 'I love Atomix, Hail Atomix' in order to stay? What's with the constant, damaging and rather childish secrecy with this company?? Does Atomix consider itself to be the CIA or something? Do you all wear dark glasses and whisper secret plans for Atomix in darkened rooms with 'Heavy's' standing outside the door?

When you've all finished playing your games, you can start to run a serious company. Why would you consider charging for updates from now on... Could it be that sales are dwindling? Considered why this may be?

p.s. I've had to post under 'anonymous' for my own safety, these secretive types worry me... ;0)

p.p.s Per one of the 'Teamer's' responses in another topic: only posts that refer to hacking/cracking/serials would ever be deleted (yeah, yeah, whatever you say...) so this post can stay. If it is deleted, I have it saved on the computer for immediate re-posting.

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 1:51 pm
As dams said earlier in this topic (but his answer has been moderated then unmoderated, so you may have missed it), if it was written you would have all updates free when you bought, then you will. If it was not written (if you bought after the release of the 2.1), then you might need to pay for the next major upgrade (but the few next minor updates will still be free of course).

Stephane C.

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 4:04 pm
Jeeze, there's a lot of love in this forum.

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 5:18 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Stop moaning about it and enjoy it !!!!

what is wrong with these people !!

STU

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 5:22 pm
oh how i love forums :) as for the anonymous post right after mine.. good job. i agreed with a lot of it. and also, i did NOT ask for the crack. that wasn't me. i'm not that lame. i bought the mixer. that was some lamer with the name ppnhhs or some crappola. but once again. ooooooh how i do love the forums =)

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 9:30 pm
Sclavel wrote in part:

"...(but his answer has been moderated then unmoderated...)"

Why?

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:11 pm
Who cares why?? C'mon folks, get a grip. I've been using Atomix for quite a while, so yes I get future upgrades. By the same Token, I was the first kid on my block to buy a Denon 2000f the year they came out. When they came out with the 2700, I had to buy that one too, then the 2500, then the 2600. Not once did Denon offer to upgrade my CD player after they came up with better features. I never asked for free future upgrades, but I'm glad that I get them. If you are new to Atomix, where have you been?? The thing is that Atomix got it right this time. I'm not imagining a future upgrade for quite some time. You get all the skins you can eat, and the effects are also free. Buy it, you won't regret it.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 1:50 am
ShaggyTHome userMember since 2001
"Buy it, you won't regret it."

Except that it skips terribly now with 2.1. This isn't worth much...

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 4:04 pm
Shaggy, I have it running on 2 machines. I haven't had a skipping problem at all. I've run it on both machines with 2 sound cards, and with a single sound card. Yes, there have been a few reports of skipping here in the forum, but I'd just about bet the farm that it has to do with your computer configuration, and not a problem with the software. I'll bet if you e-mailed in your problem, someone would try their level best to help you pinpoint what the problem is.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 6:02 pm
Yeah, you're right Impressionsdj. I also have this running on 2 machines (on a P300 and P800) and haven't heard any skipping.

TIP: kill all running programs in the background everytime you play. only leave atomix, systray and explorer and it would be okay.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 8:27 am
i bought the full version of atomix... & happy to say that i burned it to a disk 1.12... updated it to the new 2.2 ... now my problem is....my computer crashed & i cant get the update again...went i go to update .. saying that i updated all ready no more updates...WHY.... how do i get 2.2 again ..PLEASE HELP...ty

Posted Tue 12 Aug 03 @ 8:53 am
Send an e-mail to service@atomixmp3.com
please send it from your registered, and include your user information.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 03 @ 7:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)