Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: American DJ mixers ??????????? Any good ??? !!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Please let me know A.S.A.P !!!!

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon 11 Mar 02 @ 8:27 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have one. It's about 3-4 years old now. I mainly bought it because it matched up nicely with a CD player that I had to buy in an emergency. Personally I had pretty low expectations, BUT I can report that I was remarkably suprised by how nice both of these units were. Especially for the money. All in all, my experience with both the mixer and the CD player have been very good. Not saying they are the best, just I have been pleased with how they work, and how they have both lasted.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 02 @ 8:48 pm
Thanks ! Which model do you have ? I am getting for sure the XDM-343 (That's the 3 channel one). It looks pretty ugly, but I heard GREAT things about american DJ.

Keep letting me know guys !

Posted Mon 11 Mar 02 @ 8:52 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Think more about american DJ label. I am not so happy with some of their products. I have use 2 mixers and 1 double cd and i had some problems in clubing work. For home working maybe is ok.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 02 @ 9:03 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No kidding Mixalis? I must have got lucky then. I got the pro400 dual cd player in an emergency, and was really suprised how happy I was with it. Prior to that I had only DENONs. My 2500f broke in the beginning of the holiday season, and I didn't want to go through December with my old 2700. I don't know off hand the model of the mixer that I bought. I had it in a club where my back-up DJ used it for the last 2 years or so, now it's at my brothers house as he's learning to be my new back-up. It's hard to find a back-up, but without one there's no such thing as a vacation.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 02 @ 9:32 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
By the way all Denon has problems with the laser lens after 1000 hours playing. American Dj and some others dual pro cd player which using matsusita meganism has the same problem. Denon is better in the very expencive cd players. I think (because i use it in radio station 18 hours per day 10 months untill today) Pioneer CMX 5000 is one of the best to have. It is not scratching the cds, and the lens is protected very much from dust because.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 02 @ 11:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)