Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphone output not working with registered 1.07 but it does with trial 1.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can anyone help me........... I bought the DJ console and received a free copy of VDJ. I then realised that I wanted the newer version and so bought VDJ 1.07 and have a serial no for it. Since I have loaded it on my laptop, I cannot get any output from my headphone to preview any deck. I have checked the volume settings and found out that when I load the trial version back in, that version works! But I just bought 1.07.......... Has anyone got any ideas please how to fix this problem...

Cheers...

Posted Thu 04 Dec 03 @ 3:38 pm
I have just been playing around with all the sound card settings, and have found out that version 1.07 does support two sound cards but does not recognise that the hercules console has 6 channels and from what I can hear it is putting the preview and main sounds through channels 1+2. Not putting the preview through 3+4. Is there any help for this?

And to finish it off I have just noticed in minute writing that I have v 1.06.... But that version, i found did not search correctly, crashed, skipped, etc but know I have them both installed the earlier version works perfectly!!!

P.S. Might winge a bit here cos wot I bought is not working as it should but Its a FAB piece of software and hardware. Last sat was first time I used the v1.07 and only then did I find out my headphones did not work. There I was pounding the tunes out....... with a beer, cig, talking to punters.... really hard at work mixing..... and with no head phones! But I do like mixing and it wasn't the same although I did manage a perfect cry liitle sister mix with summer jam!! got round of applause for it as well. I just matched it up, guessed the EQ and went for it. I am just amazed at this program..........

But Its not working as it should......... I hope it gets done soon.

Also this forum is brill. lots of useful hints tips etc and links to other people pages.

Love it!

Posted Thu 04 Dec 03 @ 4:36 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Paul>

I have VDJ for Hercules DJ Console v1.07b (you install the version delivered with your console, then you apply the patch available here under the "download" tab).

I plug in my headphones in output 3-4 in the back, and I use the Mix Station Skin (available on this site too) which gives me added control for the headphones: level but also cue/main mix. Works fine.

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

Posted Fri 05 Dec 03 @ 11:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)