Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DURON question!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have build a pc for atomixmp3 about 2 years ago, it's a Duron 650, 128mb memory, 1x10gb for windows ME, 1x40gb for the music, raid controller, 1x40gb backup HD and two soundcards.
It whas a great system until VDJ came alonge!.
I realy do not want to buy a other computer, so my question to you people is.
When i upgrade my system with a AMD Duron 1300, and ill put in 512megs and change from Windows ME to XP Pro, would it work with the Hercules Dj Controler (i love the pro pads from vdj but realy can't spend so much money on sucha tool).

Greetz

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 6:38 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My laptop is an athelon xp 1300, with 512 of ram. It runs VirtualDJ fairly nicely. (sometimes I think more ram would be good)
I don't have the console you are asking about, but I know that VDJ will definately run much better when you upgrade your processor and your ram.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 8:30 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hmm,
I run it on an MAD XP1800 with 256MB and I'm preparin a Win2000 server, based on an AMD Xp1800pro (that's a Duron) and 512MB, based on a cheap Elite K7SOM+ mobo.
Should do for mail and file-server (20.000+ mp3's on HD and a few other files). It's in a lightly modded Antec Sonata (piano black, blue leds and ballbeared fans with led's and... a MAtrix Orbital MX212).
Prepared the case, changed the fan in the PFC power supply and put a temp probe in there,... WIn2000 server is running (just finished that tonight), and... tomorrow I hope to find / create time to install the Matrix, the LCDC software and finally VirtualDJ. Will post as soon as I did that.
PS: I took this board because of the price (I know, I spent a lot on the LCD and the case, but it's a 'livingroom showcase') and the "all-in-one". Not the best for performance, but hey, I've got a game computer. This one is quiet, runs on low power usage in standby, and together with the Hercules console, it has a nice added multimedia factor (given the fact that I put in an MSI DVD-rom and a Lite-on CDRW ;-) ).

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 9:47 pm
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Guess you're goin' with the cheap mobo+cpu cause you spent all your money on buying the Windows 2000 server license?
+ buying the 1600-1800 cd's you've ripped the mp3's from...

Do you publish your mp3's through active directory to domain users, or just using the box as a dhcp-server for your
workgroup?

Just curious, you braggin' man!

;o)

Posted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 3:51 am

@yourt

"I know, I spent a lot on the LCD and the case, but it's a 'livingroom showcase'"

My question is why you bought that form factor Mobo, and if it is to be a livingroom "showcase" (i.e. pretty looking and quite TiVo) Why didn't you go with a silenced shuttle case, it leaves a *much* smaller foot print in your living room then your Baby AT does.

Also curious as to why you would want to run Win2k server on a low end duron, while using it as a file/mail server and running VDJ at the same time with only 512MB Ram. ;)

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 8:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)