Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Basic Math for KEY display
I'm making a skin that shows static values and dynamic values to help me choose music thar mix well which each other

In the image, the green rectangle is the static values, where if I change the key of the song, the values don't change. the center value is the original key, the left value is the original key -1 semitone and the right is key +1 semitone. that way I can search in my music collection songs that will mix well.

In the red rectangle is the dynamic values, which when I change the Key to +1 semitone, the values will reflect this change and dynamic shows me what keys goes well and I can even choose if I want go up another key or go down.

the problem that I'm having is that I dont know how to do this. I got so far as show de original key, the color of the key and thats it. I need to know how to do VDJ get_key, adds 1 and show me the result, and then subtract 1 and also show me the result... and besides all that, I need this to work "on the fly" if I change the key.

Posted Sun 18 Aug 24 @ 2:25 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I covered stuff like this here
Not an exact answer to what you want but you should be able to use the principle.

get_key will get you a dynamic val, get_loaded_song key will get you the tag value [static]

Posted Sun 18 Aug 24 @ 2:38 pm