Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: quick_filter live update to newly loaded track
Despite my lengthy description I'm sure this is a simple fix but as a newcomer verb choice and syntax are not always very intuitive to me. Any help is appreciated:

I have a quick filter called 'Hot' designed to filter only tracks that are close (pitch diff <= 5 & key diff = 0) to the active track. The only problem is the results are static and do not update when a new track is loaded/made active.

I would like the filter to auto-update in response to the most recently loaded song so it is providing constant useful harmonic and tempo matches for a next selection, without having to manually toggle the filter every time I load a song.

Right now I've tried adding two "& quick_filter 'Hot'" instances after the load command on my keyboard and my controller, which I thought would have the effect of toggling the filter off and on (or, if I have purposefully left the filter off, on and off, thereby returning it to the desired off state). But it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Thanks again for any guidance.

Posted Wed 14 Aug 24 @ 9:43 am
you may have to wait for the song to be marked played for the filter to update.

there is a setting for that in options i can't remember the exact name for it as i am away from my personal computer. i think the default is 45 or 60 seconds of course it can be changed if that is too much time. the setting in options is " historyDelay " - Number of seconds a song needs to be playing before it's considered 'played' and added to the history, tracklisting, etc (default: 45 seconds)

Posted Wed 14 Aug 24 @ 11:24 am
Thanks for the suggestion but changing the history write time doesn't seem to make a difference. I set a very short history write time but under no circumstance have I seen the quick filter do a live update.

Posted Thu 15 Aug 24 @ 11:18 pm
after further testing the only way i can get a update is to turn the quick filter off then back on. not sure if this is a bug or the intended function

Posted Fri 16 Aug 24 @ 12:37 am
Yeah same, and thanks for confirming. That being the case, do you have any idea for the best way to auto-toggle a particular filter upon song load?

Posted Fri 16 Aug 24 @ 9:50 pm
Update/solution: the proper way to use the 'quick_filter' verb is to put a number after it (ex– 'quick_filter 1'.

After I did that (and I'm a little embarrassed I didn't try it before haha) my original solution of just adding two instances of 'quick_filter x' worked.

Posted Sat 17 Aug 24 @ 2:41 am