Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Black screen / glitch on screen with Text or screengrab
EA build 8280 - pc
after seeing user asking about issue with shader and text making screen black on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/club4djs ) i tested them together. at first nothing happened but when adding screengrab to record the screen first went black and then reduced to a one fourth of the image in upper left of captured area.
tried to repeat and got black screen with no text and not shader while audio continued. odd and annoying but getting it to replicate wasn't difficult.

Posted Sat 10 Aug 24 @ 8:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Seems to work fine here. Was screengrab configured to capture a part of the screen, or a specific window?

Posted Sun 11 Aug 24 @ 12:06 pm
part of the screen. upper part of skin - just decks and video. was just trying to replicate and tried to turn off screen grab and software stopped responding. had to end task in task manager.

Posted Sun 11 Aug 24 @ 12:45 pm
okay. this is not just weird but annoying. now i can't force it to even hiccup and i've tried every which way to get it to replicate what it was doing yesterday.

original poster was Neville Parkin
he included a video but not sure how to link it here

Posted Sun 11 Aug 24 @ 12:59 pm
gave it a few hours while i grabbed some sleep and then tried again and again to replicate the same thing that happened when i initially tested and still no luck.
always bugs me when i can't do that but if it's gonna keep working then i guess it was ' just one of those things'

Posted Sun 11 Aug 24 @ 11:19 pm