Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Connection Warning, Browsing Issue on Load, Stems Mapping
Hi All,

i have just purchased a Macbook Pro M1 and have loaded VDJ onto this. I am using this in conjunction with a Pioneer XDJ XZ.
I have been using VDJ for many years now with no issues until now!

Issue 1
First thing that i can't seem to figure is relating to a warning that appears on initial start up screen, stating 'Enable the Mixer Midi from Utilities'. see attached picture.
i have went into utilities on the XZ but this prompt doesn't seem to tie in with anything i can see. Currently the system is work with audio working fine.
Any suggestions?

Issue 2
i use Music (iTunes) to build all my playlists and manage my music. Purchasing of tracks is from a third party sources (Master Mix etc).
On opening up VDJ, every time the system starts browsing through all the tracks (see attached).
Why does it do this everytime when they have been scanned in? is there a way to disable this?
I have scanned in all the music and 'added' this to the search data base, both for Music (iTunes) and also my local directory where all the files are stored (all music is stored in the MacBook SSD).
The other thing that i am noticing, even though i click on the music folder where all the files sit and 'add this to search data base', this doesn't maintain this request, as the next time i open VDJ, they are not showing and i have to add this again. see image attached

Issue/Advice
i would like to use the Beat jump button which gives access to the 8 pads and have this bring up Stems rather than Beat Jump. i had a look at the mappings but got lost and wasn't able to achieve this.
Would someone be able to assist with this if possible.

thanks in advance for your help here.

Iain

Posted Sat 10 Aug 24 @ 10:43 am

Posted Sat 10 Aug 24 @ 3:07 pm
thank you very much for this. i will go check this out.

Posted Sat 10 Aug 24 @ 3:42 pm
Perfect. That's one thing off the list.
Appreciate your help with this.

Iain

Posted Sun 11 Aug 24 @ 8:33 pm