Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: What is still missing in VDJ to make it the best DJ program?!
A second independent browser.

Posted 7 days ago @ 10:01 am
Nothing. It is already the best DJ program by a large margin
That of course doesn't mean that it can't be improved :)

Posted 7 days ago @ 11:48 am
I'm looking forward to the day when VDJ gets the ability to automatically analyse unsteady tempos, and to either fit the grid to the music (like DJay Pro) or fit the music to the grid (like Ableton Live).

A sequencer for the sampler would be useful, and the ability to organise pad banks.

Being able to search/sort in the skin browser and/or have them optionally listed as text.

More versatile text plugin i.e. ability to use more than one instance. Not just static or horizontal scrolling.

Ability to use URL based overlays on streams for floating emotes etc.

Posted 7 days ago @ 12:04 pm
From what I have read from being on the forum for many years .....

Better colour waveforms reflecting frequencies
More "coloured" sound output (although available through VST plugins)
Ability to update tag/DB info directly in the browser
Better beatgridding (covered by @groovin above)
Presets for columns depending on the view (history/list etc)

Personally the only things for me are as follows:

Custom button access on the remote app
The ability to make the text in the search box changeable as it's fixed and sometimes too small
Updated skinning tools so custom skins can be made with little or no scripting experience
A more "modular" browser experience.

On another note the customer support from the VDJ staff is on another level and no other company I have dealt with comes even close to that.

Posted 7 days ago @ 12:25 pm
I agree the search box and the text inside it doesn't increase along with the rest of the browser text and icons when changing the text size with the + and - buttons.

I've got a large screen here, and sometimes I will resize VDJ to half width so I can see another window at the same time. I will then use the + button to increase text and icon size so I can read the track names.

The problem is, the search box and text doesn't follow.

Posted 7 days ago @ 1:28 pm