Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Loop out/Reloop issue
When I hit loop out with no active loop in or active loop, my VDJ doesn't create a loop of the selected size in beats. Instead it creates a random loop back to wherever I last used loop in. Even when I have no active loop in, even when I haven't used a loop in that song this session, it just finds a loop in point I once used and makes a loop there (not even a loop of the set number of beats, just a random length).

I have looked all over the forum but I cannot find a solution for this anywhere. I just want the loop out to, when not in an active loop, create a loop of the set size where it's playing in that moment. No hopping around to random past loop ins, no changing the set size of the loop. Can anyone please help me?

I made an account just for this issue because its driving me mad and I cannot figure it out for the life of me

Posted 2 days ago @ 4:46 pm
Don't try to fly an Airbus like a Boeing (or vice versa)

Loop Out in VirtualDJ always creates a manual loop (based on loop in point)
It NEVER does an autoloop.

In VirtualDJ an autoloop is engaged with the "LOOP" action / button

As for Loop In:
The last used cue or hotcue is always also considered as a Loop In point.
So, when you don't use "Loop In" to set a loop in point, and you just use the "Loop Out", VirtualDJ will make a loop back to the last used cue/hotcue.

Posted 2 days ago @ 7:18 am
Thank you, that does make sense. But could I map the loop out on my controller to act as a loop button if there's no active loop in point? I would prefer to map it this way than use my pads for this, but I can't seem to get it right

Posted yesterday @ 12:15 pm
The "problem" is that there's always an active loop in point (the last used cue/hotcue if you haven't use the loop in button to set a new one)
So it won't work.

Instead I guess you can use the loop in instead, by simply remaping the button to holding ? pioneer_loop : loop_in
In this case, you need to HOLD the loop in button for the loop to engage (but it will start at the place you pushed the button down)

Posted yesterday @ 12:56 pm
Thank you for explaining, I didn't know I should expect there to always be an active loop in point. I'll try your suggestion!

Posted yesterday @ 4:45 pm