Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stem Split on unused lever.
Can any point me in the right direction please. My DDJ RZX has an unused lever that I have mapped for stem split, which is working, but with caveats i would like to correct it with someone's help. Currently, if I press the lever up (slip rev), it will split deck 1 to vocals, and deck 3 (or 2 and 4) to the music, which is great. I have then changed the lever down (rev) to stem unlink. The down part of the lever has a locking part on the switch, and when I return the lever to the middle position, stems_split_unlink stays active. In the midi map, it shows as reverse on or reverse off, but stems_split_unlink stays active unless I toggle the switch a second time. Is there a way to have stems_split_unlink active on the down lock part of the switch and turn off when I return it to the middle without having to toggle the switch a second time ? ......I hope this is understandable =)

(Also, what would be even better is when I return the switch to the middle that it turns off stems_split_unlink and does an instant double from deck 3 to deck 1 and 4 to 2

Posted 3 days ago @ 10:58 am
The switch you refer to does not behave as a button.

So, the way it works is simple: It sends "ON" while it's not centered, and "OFF" when in center.

Therefore simple actions that "rely" on a "gate" key to work properly, won't work properly in this case.

So, try to change the action to stems_split_unlink while_pressed
Otherwise try this: down ? stems_split_unlink on : stems_split_unlink off

Posted 2 days ago @ 6:41 am