Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VirtualDJ 2024 - Skin color change question Jog Wheel
Is it possible for a skin to dynamically change the color of my jog wheels whenever I nudge? Well...basically, anytime I use or touch my jog wheels from the side, I want my skin wheel color to change then go back to normal color. Can it change different colors depending on forward or reverse movement? I suppose the same question could be asked also for touching the top of the wheel for scratching?

Can this be done? If so, how? I've been using VDJ for many many years and know my way around it for the most part. I use a DDJ-400 and stream without a camera. So, I use the skin overlay to display what doing.

- DJ Benzy - May the Breaks be with you!!

Posted Sun 04 Aug 24 @ 9:07 am
It is an interesting feature, theoretically it is possible, just modify the skin and add a couple of visual elements. 🤔

Posted Sun 04 Aug 24 @ 12:48 pm
This is what I found for jog wheel commands.

Outside wheel nudge:
JOG_OUT -0.00 Stationary/At Rest
JOG_OUT 0.01+ Downwards/Forward Nudge (value increases)
JOG_OUT -0.01- Upwards/Reverse Nudge (value decreases)

Topside wheel touch/scratching:
JOG_TOUCH off/on Touching the top of the wheel toggles ON
JOG -0.00 +/- Same as above; value increases/decreases depending on wheel movement direction

I have no idea what to do with this information, how to use it in a skin, or how to call a color with it. I feel like it needs to be some sort of script if statement, but I have no clue. If anyone has the know how and would like to tackle this, the stage is all yours! Much Luv!

-DJ Benzy- May the Breaks be with you!

Posted Mon 05 Aug 24 @ 5:17 am
Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Posted Wed 14 Aug 24 @ 8:43 am