Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: BetJump Backward 16+ bars = Tracks Out of Sync
RaddiksPRO SubscriberMember since 2023
Procedure: (software only)
Line up the 1st beat of two songs together
BeatJump backwards the 2nd track 16 bars, so the 1st track is 16 bars ahead of the 2nd.

Result: The grid goes out of alignment and now the second track's 1st beat is lined up with the 1st track's 2nd beat.

Use case: This 'sync' issue happens to me all the time when I'm trying to start a second track 16+ bars in the future, say when lining up drops. Having to manually nudge it back is a total vibe killer.

Would it be possible to fix this bug?

Posted 7 days ago @ 7:26 am
The grid goes out of alignment because the track(s) can only go to about -10 sec in negative time (before the actual start of the track)
I don't know / can't tell if this is going to be changed or not.
However it's not a bug, and now that you know it's cause, you may be able to adapt your workflow to compensate (e.g. try to sync the tracks 8 beats ahead of time instead of 16)

Posted 7 days ago @ 7:40 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
-30 seconds, not -10

Posted 7 days ago @ 12:05 pm
I appreciate the quick response, but it sounds like you're unwilling to admit this is a bug and your answer is to just stop beatjumping that far. Great support. Real helpful guys.

Posted 6 days ago @ 4:42 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
PhantomDeejay wrote :
The grid goes out of alignment because the track(s) can only go to about -10 sec in negative time (before the actual start of the track)

I think he explained it perfect.
It does not work, try to go 8 beats instead of 16 beats should not be that hard to count for you :)

Posted 6 days ago @ 5:44 pm
He explained how it breaks exactly, but not why it breaks or why it has to break at the 10 second mark.

Posted 6 days ago @ 5:31 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It used to break at -10 then it got changed to allow upto -30 seconds
-10 used to be tight, -30 is plenty to work with, jump back 16 wait jump again wait, you're playing dead air so what does it matter?
there has to be a limit and -30s is the limit chosen.

Posted 6 days ago @ 7:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The limit is there because otherwise people accidentally go back too far before the beginning of the track and then don't understand why there's no sound.

Posted 6 days ago @ 7:19 am