Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Korg Kaoss DJ on board effects in broadcast?
Hello everyone,

I got a Korg Kaoss DJ controller as a present together with VDJ and have already tried and done a lot. But I realised that I only hear the on board sound effects in the speaker and not in the boradcast. I assume the broadacst is picked up by VDJ and not by the board, is there a way to change this? Or have I set or connected something wrong?

Posted Sun 28 Jul 24 @ 11:18 am
What you have to bear in mind is that the effects are built in to the Korg hardware. They're not part of the VDJ software. The audio from VDJ goes to the Korg, which adds effects and you hear it from the Korg outputs.

The Korg adds the effects after the signal has left VDJ.

Assuming you're broadcasting from within VDJ, that signal is taken from the VDJ mixer - before it goes to the Korg.

Posted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 1:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
How many outputs/inputs does the Kaos report for the USB Audio interface ? Just 4out/0in (Master & Headphones, no inputs) or more ?
There is a chance the device offers some sort of a USB "Record" input, and use it in VDJ Audio Setup to record both your mix and the applied Hardware Effects.

If no additional USB inputs there, your only chance is to have a RCA splitter at the Master Output, send one end to your speakers and the other end to the input of an additional sound card, and then add a "record" line in VDJ setup to point to the channel of the sound card you connected it.
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/audiosetup/recordloopback.html

Posted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 1:41 pm
From the manual:

Audio Return mode
In the Audio Return mode, the audio output (Out L/R) signal is sent to the computer as a
digital audio signal via USB so that you can record the output of the KAOSS DJ. Normally, it
is the Mic/Line in A audio signal that is being sent to the computer via USB. To operate the
KAOSS DJ in the Audio Return mode, simultaneously hold down the touch slider mode
button (Deck B) + FX button (Deck B), and plug in the USB cable to start the unit.

Posted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 2:19 pm
Great thanks for the help @djdad and @groovindj now it's exactly how I wanted it :)

Posted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 4:33 pm