Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Custom pads; add hashtag in one click
I want to press a custom pad and add one of a handful of my most commonly used hashtags (ex. pad 1: #afrobeats, pad 2: #urbano, etc) to either the comment or one of the user fields in the tag editor (whichever field is a) a viable target field for such a script and b) meshes most cleanly with the intended organizational features of the browser). And then also to be able to apply the text of said hashtag as a search term or quick filter (with another script and pad location, obviously).

Having combed through the list of VDJscript verbs I don't see a way to do this. Am I missing something? The closest I can come up with is add_to_list "afrobeats" and then to go to that list and batch apply the tag between gigs/whenever I can be bothered to remember, but that is less elegant a solution than what would, ideally, be one click each to add to and recall a specific term. If that IS, however, my best available option, I would like to be able to specify a subfolder under a top-level "#tags" list header to keep things clean and the script verb appendix does not specify how to do so with add_to_list.

I'm new and wrapping my head around scripting so any guidance is appreciated.

Posted yesterday @ 7:45 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the action .. browsed_song 'User 1' '#afrobeats' will set the Track selected in Browser with User 1 field as #afrobeats
Use loaded_song if you need to apply to the Deck Loaded Track.

Posted yesterday @ 9:21 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
to append a tag
get_text "`get_browsed_song 'User 1'` #afrobeats" & param_cast & browsed_song 'User 1'

That will add space char and the hashtag afrobeats to whatever was in the tag to start with.
Also same thing but for loaded song.
get_text "`get_loaded_song 'User 1'` #afrobeats" & param_cast & loaded_song 'User 1'

Posted 24 hours ago