Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Choose what folders/genres save stem automatically and not scan already scanned files?
Baldy68PRO InfinityMember since 2019
Before I let VDJ save all stem-files automatic, but then I lost the stems folder on my disc.
Now all my scanned files still think it has stems saved, can I clear this?
I have disabled automatic stem-saving now, and instead I manually choose the files/folders I actually use stems on and save only those stems, but another problem is that when I right-click a folder and choose "save prepared stems" VDJ scans ALL files, even those already scanned. Can these things be handled better in a future patch maybe?

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 5:21 pm
Sounds like you've made a mess of things by losing the stems folder. Not sure if the database can be changed to "forget" them all as it thinks they have been scanned already.

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 5:29 pm
Yes, but should be possible for the devs to make a script that checks if the stem files exist or not and then remove the info from database.

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 7:32 pm
I had a similar issue when stems first came out and I don't remember it being resolved. I now have the issue where all my video files have precomputed stems but the stems folder doesn't think they have been done.

I just precompute stems on new files and ignore what the stems folder says as I know they will be there.

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 7:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can select 'Database->Remove missing files from database' to clean the database.
This will also check if cached stems files still exist, and if not remove the cached icon

Posted Tue 23 Jul 24 @ 6:18 am
Thank you Adion, that works!

Posted Tue 23 Jul 24 @ 12:24 pm