Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: The CUE button.
russgPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm not someone who likes change and I've used the same Virtual DJ Software since 2013. LOL YUP.
Anyway, I bought 2 new Laptops the other day because those also were as old as the software. See, I don't like change. So I downloaded the Virtual DJ Pro 2024 and I notice there is now only 3 buttons. Cue / a start stop button / and sync. There use to be 4. No biggie. My problem is, I liked when the cue button always brought the song back to the beginning. NOW, if I play a song, and then push CUE, it resets to the beginning, BUT if I press the start stop button first and then CUE, it creates a cue point. I don't like that. Is there a way, a setting, that I can just press cue and it resents the song to the beginning EVERY time no matter what else I pushed first. The old software worked that way so I'm sure it's just a setting. Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted Sat 20 Jul 24 @ 5:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Sat 20 Jul 24 @ 5:44 pm
Nope, there use to be 4 buttons. Cue, Start, Stop, Sync. NOW, there's only 3, Cue, Stop Start, & Sync.
None of them will bring the song right back to the beginning. The Cue button will as long as you didn't press the Start Stop first. If you have, the cue button just creates a cue point. I want a button that will always bring it back to the beginning. My other Virtual DJ program (Virtual DJ 2018) does it, and previous versions do it. Just not this one. I am NOT using any stripped down version. I paid the $299 lifetime. I've got the full version. It has to be just a setting but I can't figure out which one.

Posted Sat 20 Jul 24 @ 5:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are you sure you are looking at the Pro layout?
It has the 3 main buttons (by default CUE, play/pause, sync) but left of it is a small stop button as well.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 5:56 am
Ahhhhh, found it. I was on "Essentials". Thanks so much. :-)

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 1:12 pm
I'm using the PRO layout and use the Denon DJ MC4000 controller.

Thanks

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 1:38 pm