Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can't get the 4 deck assignment for two separate Xone K2s to work
I am trying to custom map 2 Xone K2s, have the first one control deck 1 & 2 and the second one 3 & 4. But I can't seem to get it to work...I'm NOT using X:link and have them connected with one MIDI cable each. But both will always control deck 1 & 2 no matter what. The deck select in the mapping window is set to automatic for each, but i've also tried assigning one to 1,2,3,4 and the other one to 3,4,5,6, yet the one assigned to 3,4,5,6 will still control 1 & 2.

Am I missing something here, shouldn't they control whatever decks I assign them to via the dropdown Deck selector in the mapping menu?

Posted Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 8:13 pm
I have the same problem. Two k2s, Xone96 and Macbook M1. Does anyone know how to set it up so that the two k2s work independently? Thank you in advance for your answer

Posted 7 days ago @ 9:55 am
are you using xlink with your xone 96 or smth? i know that can cause issues, while researching my issue ive seen a couple of threads in the forum (like this one) talking about setting up the 96 with K2s, if you havent already maybe searching for the xone 96 in the forum will help you

doesn't help me though since i'm not using xlink or the 96...

Posted 4 days ago @ 7:02 pm
I've read this before, it didn't help. I have K2 connected via usb, MIDI channel 15 and latch Layer Off on two k2s. Thanks for the reply, you tried to help but I still haven't set it up

Posted yesterday @ 10:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Was working on a solution for such a case in the past. Will see if i can finalize it.

Posted yesterday @ 10:33 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok, uploaded an update for the K2, which adds the ability to use 2 K2 and perform as requested.
Note, you still need to set the K2s to default Deck Assignment.
Note, both K2 need to be connected via USB

How to get it...
1. Open VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab and set EarlyAccessUpdates to Yes.
2. Close VirtualDJ
3. Open again. VirtualDJ will auto-update to Early Access Build 8267
4. Once auto-updated, close VirtualDJ
5. Open again and let it run for a few seconds (Controllers silent update)
6, Close and re-open.
Check VDJ Settings->LICENSES tab, at the very bottom. You should see "build 8267.2076" . The 8267 is the Build number and the 2067 is the Controllers version.

K2 preparation.
Set your left-side device to default MIDI Channel 15 (so probably as is)
Set your right-side device to MIDI Channel 14
Open VirtualDJ
Goto Settings-->OPTIONS tab->Controller sub-category, and you should see these options..

Set those like mine ^
Basically, you set the amount of K2 devices connected. When 2 devices, the Decks 2/4 setting makes no difference, they will control 2 Decks each.

You should be now able to control Decks 3,1 from the left and Decks 2,4 from the right device.
Make sure you use the Factory Default Mapping

the functionality is similar to the 2-DECKS mode as per the manual .. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/allenheath/k2/controls2d.html

Let me know if this works for you, as i only have a single K2, so poorly tested.

PS. Don't ask for 3rd K2. Wont happen :P

Posted yesterday @ 10:51 am
just tried it out with a simple play command and it seems to be working, i can control 1 & 2 with the left controller and 3 & 4 with the right one. thank you SO much for implementing this! being able to use these controllers probably will have me pull the trigger and jump ship from traktor. i'll convert my mappings and post again if i run into any issues

Posted 24 hours ago
It works, thanks for everything. I lost a few days looking for a solution. This is my final setup, I don't need anything else :)

Posted 3 hours ago