Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Scratch DNA editor: missing the save button lower right?
I'm trying to learn about scratch DNA for lowkey parties without a controller.

I'm learning to make my own DNA's. The manual shows a save button in the lower right of the editor, but there is nothing there on my screen.

Also, is there a way to make my scratches takeover the entire deck audio (but still Slip)? As is, scratches overlap with the deck more like a send effect (both the track and scratch are equally audible).

V2024 b8225 Windows 11

Posted Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 4:15 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
see the fx gui for over button, Slip will rely in slip mode.
Save isn't needed, you make changes that's it, the old has been replaced with the new.

If I was QA I'd request tweaks/improvements to this interface.

Posted Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 4:47 pm
Thank you Locodog.

If I'm understanding you right, I should be able to hit ALT 2x to open the keyboard layout, hit my binded key to open the SCRATCHDNA Editor, hit the scratch I want to edit and edit it.

The problem is that it is NOT saved when I do this. I select/open the scratch I want to edit, make changes in the editor, close the editor, BUT the scratch reverts to what it was. The changes are not saved.

Currently I have to reopen the settings, controller (keyboard) editor, edit the scratch, save it, close all windows, check it and repeat which takes a lot of extra clicks and time.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 7:43 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I see what you mean now, yeah I'd call this a bug.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 7:58 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Currently save is only there when editing from a pad page. Otherwise you indeed have to copy paste the script yourself

Posted Wed 24 Jul 24 @ 2:32 pm