Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Recover deleted Tidal Playlists from the Virtual Dj Cache
Hello, I accidentally deleted the cache files folder that I downloaded from Tidal and now it doesn't play those songs. I look for them again in virtual dj in the Tidal search engine if they appear and it says file not found. and in the Tidal app they are still there and play well but in virtual it cannot be found. How can I load the playlists again? please
What if you could make a tutorial on how to delete the downloaded songs in cache and how to recover them or the complete playlists?

Posted Thu 18 Jul 24 @ 7:16 pm
szemekPRO InfinityMember since 2019
When VirtualDJ caches songs, it replaces paths in XML files.

There are few options here you can give a try:

1) Install "My Library" plugin (Other > Database filters)
Then find My Library > Database > Audio > Missing and with right-click "Remove from search DB"

2) ⚠️ Backup database.xml before any changes

Find database.xml.
Find all Song entries that have vdjcache at the end of FilePath and remove all of them:

<Song FilePath="/path/to/VirtualDJ/Cache/Title - Artist.vdjcache" FileSize="8411934">
<Link NetSearch="td12345678" />
</Song>

3) ⚠️ Backup database.xml before any changes

Find database.xml.
Find all Song entries that have vdjcache at the end of FilePath and replace in a following way:

<Song FilePath="/path/to/VirtualDJ/Cache/Title - Artist.vdjcache" FileSize="8411934">
</Song>

to:

<Song FilePath="netsearch://td12345678" FileSize="8411934">
</Song>

This approach changes local FilePath to remote and VirtualDJ recognizes that it needs to search over internet in Tidal (td).

Posted Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 5:56 am