Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: No sound from Deck 2 then Deck 1 (from time to time) on VDJ after only 5-10mins of dj mixing.
Hello, I've recently updated my VDJ thinking it would eradicate the problem I've been experiencing as of today.

Basically, my current setup is...

Controller: DDJ 200
Laptop: Lenovo Intel core i5 10th gen
Speakers: Wireless Bose mini II SE Soundlink

The issue is I mix for about 5-10 mins then suddenly no sound coming out of one of the decks.

Any support to fix this problem for good would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Robel

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 5:33 pm
I also wanted to mention, whenever I shut the program down then turn it on again it works for another 5 minutes and then the same fault again.

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 7:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 8:17 pm
I've been logged onto the software (Virtual DJ) this whole time though. At the top right of my software screen it mentions my email.

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 9:41 pm
OK, but is that email address the same one you use when logging in here? The same one registered to your account?

You can't just use any email address. It has to be the one in your account, so that VDJ recognises your license.

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 9:53 pm
Yes, its the same one I'm using logging in here and the same one linked to my PRO license.

I'm just about to upgrade to VDJ 2024 as I've been using VDJ 2021 until now, perhaps that might solve the issue?

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 9:59 pm
result: even after the update, I timed it, it took 5 minutes of mixing to start experiencing the same problem which is no sound from deck 1 when deck 2 was playing.

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 10:28 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What colour is the vdj logo on the top bar of the skin?

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 10:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You are looking at the wrong place.

If it was related to the VDJ License, then after 10 mins you would get no control from the DDJ-200, e.g. you move the crossfader and you get no movement on screen.

Most likely, something is wrong with the Audio Setup and/or your Sound cards (hardware) get disconnected.

1. Do you lose sound in both Speakers and Headphones ?

2. Where and how are your Speakers and Headphones connected ?

3. POst a screenshot of your VirtualDJ Audio setup

Posted Thu 18 Jul 24 @ 6:00 am
He's possibly using the cue signal to feed the speakers. Requesting a pic of the audio config would have been my next post, but djdad beat me to it. :-)

Posted Thu 18 Jul 24 @ 9:30 am
locoDog wrote :
What colour is the vdj logo on the top bar of the skin?

White and black. The word 'virtual' is in white and the 'DJ' is in black

Posted Thu 18 Jul 24 @ 7:00 pm
djdad wrote :
You are looking at the wrong place.

If it was related to the VDJ License, then after 10 mins you would get no control from the DDJ-200, e.g. you move the crossfader and you get no movement on screen.

Most likely, something is wrong with the Audio Setup and/or your Sound cards (hardware) get disconnected.

1. Do you lose sound in both Speakers and Headphones ?

2. Where and how are your Speakers and Headphones connected ?

3. POst a screenshot of your VirtualDJ Audio setup

I think I've found the problem. I had a performance pad on whilst the song was playing, but once I took off the performance pad I was able to record for a longer period of time no problem! Thankyou for your time in supporting me with this though, I'm sure this won't be the last.

Posted Thu 18 Jul 24 @ 7:04 pm
groovindj wrote :
He's possibly using the cue signal to feed the speakers. Requesting a pic of the audio config would have been my next post, but djdad beat me to it. :-)

I think I've found the problem. I had a performance pad on whilst the song I want to hear was playing which meant I could hear it through the speakers. Now that I've noticed it and took it off, I can play for longer sets no problem. Thankyou for taking the time to support me with it though.

Posted Thu 18 Jul 24 @ 7:05 pm