Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MBPro to DJM-600.
Hello, I’m planning playing in a local bar which has a DJM-600. The bar usually invites old school djs with cd collections who use the bar’s CDJ-200s which are already connected to the mixer. Because I'm a new dj, I want to use the songs installed in my computer and my mixer (Numark Party Mix 2).How should I approach this. I should also note that the bat has a PC connected to the mixer. Could the cable connected to the PC be used to connect my MBPro? Thanks.

Posted Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 8:12 pm
With no offense, you don't seem to have the slightest clue of how DJ gear works.
Don't worry we will help you to an extent, but perhaps you should also be open about this with your local bar as well.

Now:
1) DJM-600 is an "old school" analog DJ mixer. It has no digital interface (no USB) and therefore it cannot be connected (itself) to a computer
2) What DJM-600 can receive is analog audio. This audio can be from the CD players, from the sound card of the bar PC, or from any other device capable to produce a "LINE" or "PHONO" sound signal
3) You have mainly 1 option on how to use what you have with what the bar has.
That's to connect a cable from your Numark PartyMix MKII "Master" output, to one of the DJM-600's LINE inputs.
With this connection in place, you would use your gear to mix, and you would use the DJM-600 only to control the overal loudness of the sound.

PS: Make sure to get a proper cable for the connection of your controller with the DJM-600 with you.
Don't assume the bar will have one.
You will need a "stereo mini jack to two male RCA plugs" cable

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 6:02 am
And on top of that, a pro license is needed.

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 3:43 pm
Thank you both for the guidance. I really appreciate your help with my foolish question.

Posted 7 days ago @ 5:51 pm