Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Mixstream Pro : 2 questions
wesje19PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
Hey Guys,
just got me the numark mixstream as a backup controller. I've also got a flx10.

2 questions:
1) can you connect with vdj on your laptop without cable (wifi or bluetooth maybe?)
2) i have 4 pads, how can i use pad 5-6-7-8?

thx

Posted 4 days ago @ 11:42 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1; not really unless the device specifically offers it, theoretically it could be possible with the right bits and pieces to jump the gap but it's not really practical or cost effective or even a thing that's off the shelf, also once you start talking about sending sound wirelessly the latency of encoding & decoding really adds up and makes mixing very difficult without a hardwired booth set up.

2 you could map [example] shift+pad 1 to the script pad 5
there's a few ways but this is the easiest.

Posted 4 days ago @ 11:58 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted 3 days ago @ 8:23 pm
wesje19PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
thx for all replys

when i press pad mode again it blinks indeed, but still only pad 1-4 are active then!

Posted 3 days ago @ 6:08 am
If using the default mapping....

then say.... the second press of the "hotcue mode" button will cause it to blink, indicating you have toggled the pads to represent hotcues 5-8.
(and pressing the "hotcue mode" button again will toggle the pads back to represent hotcues 1-4, with a steady led)

The test is to press the left most pad, when the "hotcue mode" button is blinking.... and see if it sets, or triggers, hotcue 5.

IE: the left most pad is, hotcue 5 (when "hotcue mode" button is blinking), and hotcue 1 (when "hotcue mode" button is steady).

Posted 3 days ago @ 7:38 am