Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Digital noises and clicks during real-time analysis of stems 2.0
Hi everyone,

For a few weeks and after some Virtual DJ updates I've been noticing a problem that wasn't present before. When I'm playing and loading a new song into the other deck, during the stems 2.0 analysis which lasts a few seconds I hear annoying digital clicking noises. This had never happened before, to fix it I had to raise the asio latency from 256 s to 512, deactivate the ultra latency from the Virtual DJ options and increase the latency from 256 to 4096. Now these clicks are much less frequent but I think it is not normal to have made these changes because the computer is quite powerful and has never given me a problem as it is very fast, it is an Asus Rog I7 10Th with 16GB of RAM. double m2 ssd (one only dedicated to video), RTX 2070 Super 8 GB, I use DDJ-RZ and DDJ-RZX as controller.

I'll point out again that until recently I didn't have this annoying problem and nothing is installed on the computer apart from virtual dj and the controller drivers.

Any suggestions? Thank you

Posted Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 9:41 am
This is a laptop, right ?
Can you try to see if you get the same noise when the laptop runs on it's battery ?

Digital noises most of the time are due to bad/wrong/inefficient power supply (I cannot describe this in English very well)

Anyway, try to see if running on battery changes anything and then we can keep troubleshooting.

Posted Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 10:06 am
Yes George is a gaming laptop from Asus, I obviously use its original power supply which is very large but even when I didn't notice these problems I used it.

I'll try it on battery and let you know, thanks in the meantime

Posted Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 10:38 am
Try and unlock your GPU, and check back

Posted Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 9:58 pm
djnikkofb wrote :
Try and unlock your GPU, and check back

I'll try thanks, but it seems to be a power issue as George assumed. On battery, even by resetting the latency to the original values, the problem does not occur.

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 12:13 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
This is a laptop, right ?
Can you try to see if you get the same noise when the laptop runs on it's battery ?

Digital noises most of the time are due to bad/wrong/inefficient power supply (I cannot describe this in English very well)

Anyway, try to see if running on battery changes anything and then we can keep troubleshooting.

George, it seems that using the laptop on battery power alone does not cause the problem. So what could it depend on? I have set windows to obtain the best performance both on power and battery, the computer works in performance mode which is the maximum mode available. What test could I do? Thank you

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 12:17 pm
Does the PSU have ferrite chokes/beads on it?

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 12:25 pm
groovindj wrote :
Does the PSU have ferrite chokes/beads on it?

I've never noticed this, how can I check?

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 12:32 pm
Hmmm...

Look at the cable. Does it have those lumps or not?

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 1:19 pm
groovindj wrote :
Hmmm...

Look at the cable. Does it have those lumps or not?

This is the power supply.

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 2:36 pm
Update:
It seems that even using the wasapi drivers the problem is solved even by keeping the power supply connected, the problem is that virtual dj gives me more than 20 ms of latency... too much... how do you adjust the latency of the wasapi drivers?

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 7:07 pm
One way to avoid having the problem with the ASIO drivers is to change the maximum processor efficiency from 100% to 70% from the Windows energy settings but I'm still perplexed by all this.
Can anyone on the team give me some advice on what to try? Thank you

Posted Thu 11 Jul 24 @ 9:25 pm
Can anyone on the team give me any advice on what to try to resolve the problem?

Posted Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 12:33 pm