Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Best.......
I have another question. Whats the best settings for pitch quality & scratch Filter Quality. Right now i have pitch quality set at 3 and Scratch filter quality at 32. What numbers should i put to get the best sound. I feel like the sound should be alot better whenever i scratch.

Posted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 5:23 pm
Based on what you computer can handle, set both to best (pitchQuality=4 and scratchFilterQuality=32 respectively).
Controllers that have jogs also have other settings (ramp times, etc) that can also affect the feel so there might be more to tweak to get the feel you want (maybe post the controller you are using?)

From my personal use with those settings with DVS/Phase/ DDJ 1000 (with a few more controller type.settings), it feels like this gives behaviour comparable to all the other mainstream software.
If you find this is not the case, maybe record a video of the situation with VDJ and the software you may be comparing to and post it here with the explanation of the difference/expected outcome.

Posted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 6:29 pm
Ok i have the Numark Mixtrack fx platinum.

Posted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 10:22 pm
So in terms of the sound, those two are probably the ones that affect tge sound directly. (Personally) I think once adjusted to best the quality is right up there with a decent controller being used (I've never used the mixtrack platinum so I can't give an account on the experience with with it).
Other options (see the "Controllers" options for a list) as well as some others (such as the ramp*Time options) help with adjustment of he feel of your controller🍺.

Posted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 11:37 pm
Cool thanks I will play around with the settings until I figure it out.

Posted Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 12:04 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That was always the case.

Posted Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 12:43 am
locoDog wrote :
That was always the case.

I think the ramp settings where off a little.

Posted Tue 09 Jul 24 @ 11:27 am
I think the pitch quality setting is for the "pitch tempo fader" response, since I dont use "master tempo" or "keylock" I usually have it set to 2 for a faster pitch response, I think pitch rides still need some work by VDJ.

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 11:08 am
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
I think the pitch quality setting is for the "pitch tempo fader" response, since I dont use "master tempo" or "keylock" I usually have it set to 2 for a faster pitch response, I think pitch rides still need some work by VDJ.

Thanks I didn't know that.

Posted Sat 13 Jul 24 @ 5:29 am