Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJEDITS AREN'T X-COMPATIBLE BETWEEN MAC AND WINDOWS
basically what the title says. I DJ pretty regularly switching between my laptop (windows) and venue computers. some of them are macs and some of them are windows. for my songs with music videos I did the manually using the “video editor“ feature in virtual DJ, and as I’m sure y’all know this makes a .vdjedit file. well I did some dinging and find out how the VDJ edits are able to work with the videos and the songs together. The edit file points to a path or the music video is located for that particular song. My problem is that that file structure only works on windows because it uses drive letters and forward slashes for the directories. macOS on the other hand uses \volumes\SSDname\file.mp4. I was wondering if there is a workaround that anybody might know of that would allow me to basically make all my music edit files work with Mac instead of having to rebuild the entire video database and remake every video edit manually. see the attached screen shots for examples.

https://imgur.com/a/fzYY76U

Posted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 4:15 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As long as the source file is copied as well, has been seen by VDJ and the file size didn't change, it should be able to find it even if the path is different.

Posted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 4:34 am