Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Playlist
J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Can you export a playlist (a .m3U file only NO music files) with the automix editor edits still intact....then to add that .m3U file only in another computer to where the automix editor edits remain intact?

Posted Sun 07 Jul 24 @ 1:38 pm
I have Dropbox and am trying to use two computers with VDJ and my automix playlist. I have 5 songs loaded on one computer with automix edits. I would like to finish that playlist by adding songs on my second computer and also using the automix editor (in dropbox) . Is this even possible?..are the automix edits there and if so, How do i get the playlist with the automix settings from one computer to the other?

Posted 7 days ago @ 11:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Automix edits are stored in the database. You can use the database backup and restore function to backup the database on one computer and restore it on the other computer to copy them.

Posted 7 days ago @ 5:07 am
Adion wrote :
Automix edits are stored in the database. You can use the database backup and restore function to backup the database on one computer and restore it on the other computer to copy them.

Thank you so much!..I will try that!

Posted 7 days ago @ 10:48 am
J J Zrn wrote :
Adion wrote :

Thank you so much!..I will try that!

Unfortunately, this did not work. The results were 0 playlist imported. Now the playlist did show up under My Lists (which they changed playlist from) and all files were there in the same order however, the automix settings were not ...which was my goal. I was hoping since i have Dropbox and have cloud storage, this would EASILY give me the option to store this information on the cloud so i can switch between computers without having to duplicate files etc. ...Also, lists appear empty (unless I restore back up)... Where exactly are the automix editor changes saved?..perhaps i can copy that folder into Dropbox and put that file in the other computer..idk...just a though...Thanks though.

Posted 7 days ago @ 1:00 pm
There do seem to be unresolved issues with the CloudDrive sync...

Lists appearing empty is the main one for me, which I've mentioned elsewhere. It did initially get a response from Adion, but then it went silent.

Things that get stored in the database, such as the automix info mentioned above and other metadata, are not being transferred to the cloud, so when the playlists are read on the destination computer, they're blank or incomplete.

I've been working around this flaw by manually copying the entire database between computers via the cloud, but I'd rather it worked correctly.

Posted 7 days ago @ 2:04 pm
groovindj wrote :
There do seem to be unresolved issues with the CloudDrive sync...

Lists appearing empty is the main one for me, which I've mentioned elsewhere. It did initially get a response from Adion, but then it went silent.

Things that get stored in the database, such as the automix info mentioned above and other metadata, are not being transferred to the cloud, so when the playlists are read on the destination computer, they're blank or incomplete.

I've been working around this flaw by manually copying the entire database between computers via the cloud, but I'd rather it worked correctly.

Thank you for your response! When you say " you manually copy the entire database" how do you do that?. Is it a file folder you copy?

Posted 7 days ago @ 2:34 pm
The database.xml file.

Posted 7 days ago @ 3:03 pm