Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Is there a script command available for adding songs to sidelist/automix/karaoke?
brille1PRO InfinityMember since 2018
I'd like to add a number of selected songs from search results to either sidelist/automix/karaoke using a keyboard shortcut.

I couldn't find a matching script command yet. Can someone please point me to the correct script command?

I'm looking for a command to add selected songs to …

(a) the currently active side view panel, no matter which one it is
(b) a dedicated side view panel (either one of the above) and bring it upfront (activate and set focus to it)

So, the first command would be rather generic (something like: "add to active sideview panel") while the second command would be more specific (something similar to: "add to automix panel").

Your answer is appreciated.

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 2:45 pm
szemekPRO InfinityMember since 2019
You might check sidelist_add and automix_add_next.
Not perfect, but I guess they will be useful.

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 3:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
also playlist_add

for (a) you could query the sideview focus, then call the right script to add to that list [note how we deal with list shortcuts]

sideview automix ? playlist_add : sideview sidelist ? sidelist_add : sideview karaoke ? karaoke_add : sideview sampler ? : sideview remixes ? : sideview_title & param_cast & add_to_list & sideview +1 & sideview -1

as for (b) there's probably enough here for you to figure it out, but you can call a list into focus by name
sideview automix
shortcuts you need the list path.

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 3:54 pm
brille1PRO InfinityMember since 2018
Excellent!! Thanks a lot, guys, for helping me out on this!

Posted Thu 04 Jul 24 @ 6:30 pm
EKTracksControlleristMember since 2017
I think this can also be achieved as follows: playlist_clear & browser_gotofolder "your folder" & playlist_load. Instead of the actual folder name (I used a dummy "your folder" here), you can also use an integer like 4 to go to the 4th virtual/favorite folder.

Posted 3 days ago @ 2:12 pm