Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Playlist order changes when I move files
Hello. I have a problem. I am using Virtual DJ to sort my music. I go to a certain folder through the browser, I usually sort files by key and then when I want to drag a song and move it in another folder I press shift and then drag the file to the other folder. The problem I'm facing is that when I move a song, the entire playlist order changes. Can you please help with this? I tried everything I could find on the forums.

Posted Tue 02 Jul 24 @ 9:57 am
Can you post some screenshots of a affected playlist before and after?
Have you tried ”reset sort order” ?

Posted Tue 02 Jul 24 @ 9:04 pm
In the first screenshot you can see the original files order. In the second screenshot I'm dragging a song from a folder to another folder by pressing shift and dragging the song to move it, and in the third screenshot you can see the playlist order is modified. This is very frustrating. Please help me, I am desperate

1:
2:
3:

Posted Thu 04 Jul 24 @ 10:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could add a secondary sort field. For example click Title first, and then click Key. That way if the key is the same, the songs will be sorted by title.

Posted Thu 04 Jul 24 @ 10:28 am
Was it that simple. lol. I swear I tried everything, including that. I will keep you updated. It seems to be working for now. I also noticed that when I right click on a song, i click file operations and then move to it doesn't change the order.

Posted Thu 04 Jul 24 @ 10:32 am