Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Related tracks take time to load in sideview
Hello! I am seeing a delay for the sideview's linked tracks window to populate on starting VDJ, even when there are no linked tracks ("No linked tracks" takes time to appear). Additionally, the windows doesn't populate until after ~25 seconds of playing a track, and then it'll work as expected from there. Linked tracks source is set to active deck. If I set source to browser and select a track, the linked tracks will remain blank. If I set it to active deck, play a track for 20-30s until the linked tracks load, and then set it back to browser, the data appears.

To summarize: on VDJ start, linked track data is only loading when source is active deck and a track plays for 20-30 seconds, after which everything behaves as normal.

I don't recall this load time being there in the past. If there must be a loading time, could 1. the load always be triggered from start instead of having to play a track with source=active deck and 2. could the sideview window have placeholder text to indicate what's happening (ex. "Loading linked tracks database")?

Issue persists after restarting PC. Windows 10, v2024 b8220.

Thanks!

Posted Mon 24 Jun 24 @ 1:35 am