Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Traktor Kontrol Z2 Aux/Mic Enable Not Working
While experimenting with the Traktor Kontrol Z2 wrt Phase HID usage, I found that I couldn't enable the Mic.

When I switched it to on, I saw yhe following activity in the MIDI editor:

DNC_MIC_ON = on
DNC_MIC_MP = on

When switching it back off I saw this:
DNC_MIC_MP = off
DNC_MIC_ON = on

The skin I used did not reflect any settings change and I was unable to use th Mic.

Machine: M1 MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM, MacOS Sonoma 14.4

Posted Sat 22 Jun 24 @ 2:33 pm
So just checking in in this issue again...not sure if others with Z2s are experiencing or not...I would like to figure out if it's a problem with my unit or not (I've not installed Traktor for years and would have to find my licence key for Pro 2/pay for a new Pro 3 licence to confirm whether or not it works there).

Posted Sun 23 Jun 24 @ 3:21 pm
You have to route mic in vdj audio settings, add a input for mic/aux and switch the mic button on z2, I can test it later today and confirm

Posted Sun 23 Jun 24 @ 7:09 pm
I did see that the Audio Settings did not have a record input (seems like it's being used fully in internal mixer mode), but that still is probably a factory mapping issue (shouldn't the Mic/Aux mapping be there/enabled by default?). The Audio Setup and Mic/Aux parts of the manual don't really state this clearly.
I'll try to add that later to see if resolves the issue.

Also, even the reaction to the button press to enable/disable the Mic doesn't seem to be reflected by skins.
Side note as well: The volume knob is hardware operated but it sends MIDI data that is reflected in changes on the skin - the hardware manual says movement would not be reflected.

Posted Sun 23 Jun 24 @ 7:57 pm
Hi! I confirmed, you have to route mic/aux in VDJ audio settings, its not assigned/routed by default (you also have to route it in Traktor), in the Master "view" you can see the mic volume knob and the "Talkover" button.
best regards

Posted Mon 24 Jun 24 @ 10:11 am
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :

Hi! I confirmed, you have to route mic/aux in VDJ audio settings, its not assigned/routed by default (you also have to route it in Traktor),

Thanks for confirming. I couldn't remembwr the specifics from Traktor but the VirtualDJ manual could be updated to say this (it doesn't really say it right now).

vdj_pARtybOy wrote :

in the Master "view" you can see the mic volume knob and the "Talkover" button.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the master View here, but if you mean changes on the skin, that's the same thing I saw too. The manual (currently) says the knob wouldn't be reflected as it's purely hardware operated.

Posted Mon 24 Jun 24 @ 10:45 am
The vdj default skin has audio/video/scratch/master view in center, in master view you can see mic volume knob and talk over button moving according to HW.

Posted Mon 24 Jun 24 @ 11:21 am
I understand...we're saying the same thing here...I'm also saying the manual is saying that's not the case (no GUI visual response, minor issue though).

Posted Mon 24 Jun 24 @ 12:39 pm