Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Play Button Script Help
I'm having trouble figuring out how to piece this together correctly and I'm hoping for some help.

What I want is the following behavior when play is pressed:
Is the deck playing?
> Yes, then is effect brakestart active?
>> Yes, then disable effect brakestart (and remove that marker it places)
>> No, then is slip mode on?
>>> Yes, then activate effect brakestart
>>> No, then pause
> No, then play

What I've scripted:
playing ? effect_active 1 'breakstart' ? effect 0 'breakstart' : slip_mode ? effect_active 1 'breakstart' : pause : pioneer_play

[Edit] Perhaps I've over-complicated things and some context would be useful.

As of now I have it so this is my play button script:
slip_mode 1 ? effect_active 'brakestart' : dualdeckmode_decks & loaded ? pioneer_play : nothing
The problem I am trying to solve for is sometimes after I've activated brakestart and I go to play and it will ramp up the track via brakestart and causes the track to be way out of time. I want to eliminate this ramp up behavior from my script being cause via brakestart. What I originally posted is my attempt to do so.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 24 @ 5:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
play ? effect_active 'brakestart' ? effect_active 'brakestart' off : slip_mode ? effect_active 'brakestart' : pause : pioneer_play

didn't see too much wrong, some stuff with fx slots that wasn't needed, maybe it was that, made the effect off part a clear off

Edit [and you used break instead of brake]

Posted Wed 19 Jun 24 @ 6:34 am
Its actually nearly bang on. Any idea why holding cue and pressing play stops the track instead of making it continue to play when cue is released?

Posted Wed 19 Jun 24 @ 5:59 pm
Never mind. Got it.

play ? effect_active 'brakestart' ? effect_active 'brakestart' off : slip_mode ? effect_active 'brakestart' : pioneer_play : pioneer_play

Posted Wed 19 Jun 24 @ 7:35 pm
Actually now I have a new problem that I can't figure out. When slip mode is on and the track is paused and I hold cue to start a track and then press the play button it activates brakestart since the track is already playing. I cannot figure out how to modify the script so that if cue is held down to start the track playing while slip is on and then I press play to keep the track playing that it will only keep the track playing and not activate brakestart.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted Thu 20 Jun 24 @ 12:11 am