Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Backup/restore
swattyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have three PCs I use for VDJ, a main desktop where I do all my prep, one laptop and an Intel NUC. The laptop is a backup and the NUC is my playout unit. VDJ is on drive C: and my music is in a folder which is in the root of my D: drive. All three PCs have the same directory structure for D: drive. two are Win 10 and one win 11 and I am using build 7921. My issue is that I want VDJ to be the same on all three machines. I usually make a backup from my desktop within VDJ and the restore onto the other machines. The problem at the moment is that my sampler banks and samples are not all copying over so each machine is different. How should I ensure that the Sampler banks, pads and audio samples/recordings are the same on all three machines?

Posted Tue 28 May 24 @ 12:55 pm
Use an external drive and something like Synchredible to sync rather than using the inbuilt backup restore. You can then select what you want copied to each machine.

I have almost the same setup as you and it works perfectly.

Posted Tue 28 May 24 @ 12:59 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I use syncthing to keep things synched between two devices. So far it’s been great. I have to make sure that I don’t run VDJ on both at the same time, though.

I sync VDJ folder under AppData (except the licence file - not sure if I need to exclude that or not), my media folder on M: drive, and the VirtualDJ folder on the M: drive as that holds the database for that drive.

Posted Tue 28 May 24 @ 1:41 pm
swattyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have tried copying over all the VDJ files/directories from C: and D: to another PC but the Sampler pads and Sampler banks do not mimic those on the master PC that I copied from. Has anyone actually managed to copy over files from one PC to another that also brought over Sampler pad layouts and sampler banks that were different on the machine they were copied from? I cant work out where this Sampler information is stored.

Posted Wed 29 May 24 @ 10:52 am
It will be the sampler folder and settings.xml file

As above suggest you use a synchronisation tool rather than just copy/paste so the newest changes are always taken over.

Posted Wed 29 May 24 @ 10:55 am