Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: LED status for active sync
jmurph71PRO SubscriberMember since 2022
Have a Rane Four controller and mapped the sync button to "sync & smart_play". The sync led is blue when active and I would like for the LED to blink while sync is active. I would also like the LED off when the sync mapped buttton is off. Can this be done?

Posted Sat 25 May 24 @ 3:12 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Change the LED_SYNC mapping to

smart_play ? blink : off

Posted Sat 25 May 24 @ 3:18 am
One more question. How do you create a keyboard mapping to toggle stems to always on and always off (disabled)?
Thanks

Posted Sat 25 May 24 @ 8:07 pm
setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled' ? setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully Always' : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled'

Posted Sat 25 May 24 @ 8:45 pm
correction

setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled' ? setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Always' : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled'

Posted Sun 26 May 24 @ 9:10 pm
The smart play sync doesnt snap to the nearest beat instantly unlike serato. Is there another sync function that does this?

Posted Mon 27 May 24 @ 9:42 pm
Let's go back a little
sync & smart_play
That's what you use, right ?
If yes, this is a bad/wrong combo of verbs to use on a script.

First of all, sync in VirtualDJ is an ACTION, not a state.
This means that it does it's thing ONLY at the moment you call it (press the button). Not before, nor after.
On the other hand, smart_play is a state. Which means that as long as "smart_play" is active, it will do what it's supposed to do. Also the vdj verb "smart_play" itself is a toggle (as with most "state" verbs in VirtualDJ)
This means that each time you use "smart_play" verb as a script on a button it toggles the state of "smart_play" between on and off.

So, why sync & smart_play is a bad combo script ?
It's bad because every time you press the button to "sync" 2 tracks, you toggle the state of smart-play.
So, at the first press of the button, you may turn on "smart_play" because you intended to, but on the next press of the button, you will turn it off, by accident, while you were trying to sync 2 tracks.

My guess is that you try to mimic how other software deal with sync (where sync is a state)
I would argue that VirtualDJ's way is better, as long as you understand how it works (it's really simple, TBH) and how to use it.
However, if you still want the "other" way, then you should check the "beatlock" verb, and work your way around that.

PS: With smart_play enabled, I never had any issue starting tracks with their CBG aligned, as long as their tempo difference is less than 10%. If tempo difference is greater, then smart_play won't engage. But even for that, there's an option that you can change, and make smart_play always engaging, as long as the current pitch range is sufficient enough to match the tracks.

Posted Tue 28 May 24 @ 9:40 am
Thanks for the explanation. I noticed smart play and beatlock do not snap to the nearest grid line but rather catches up to the nearest grid line so you can hear a slight off beat (delay) as it catches up. Is there no option to have the beat snap to the nearest grid line?

Posted Tue 28 May 24 @ 9:58 pm
Smart Play is instant for me.
Can you try to temporarily reset all your settings to default ? (Keep a backup of your current settings file, then reset the settings and try again)

Posted Thu 30 May 24 @ 8:46 am
The sync button on my controller is lit when not used. I would like it to be off when not pressed (not active) and to blink when pressed. How can I set this up?

Posted Sun 02 Jun 24 @ 6:02 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Have a look at Phantomdeejay’s post three above yours. He explains how sync in Virtual DJ is an action, not a state. When you press sync it immediately synchronizes once. This is different (so I’m told) from other DJ software.

Posted Sun 02 Jun 24 @ 7:48 pm
I have sync mapped to smart_play which is a state, not an action. I do not not want the sync button lit up when its not being used.

Posted Sun 02 Jun 24 @ 9:41 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
locoDog wrote :
Change the LED_SYNC mapping to

smart_play ? blink : off

Posted Sun 02 Jun 24 @ 10:05 pm