Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Randomly can't find songs or loses color tags
I'm not sure how to describe this, or if I'm even posting this in the correct forum, but I'm so frustrated with this. Most of my events are weddings, so I'll use automix playlist quite a bit so I can step away and take care of the bride & groom, or other formalities that are taking place during the reception. I'll also color code certain tracks within the playlist as a part of my own organizational system. Also, as a side note, I have an external Lacie HD that I use for my library. My issue is this: every so often, when I connect my HD and I start up VDJ, there are a number of songs that I have to "relocate" bc they have a red x through them. Not that huge of a deal, but irritating. But what's even more annoying, is that every so often, all my "color tags" are lost and I'm having to start over. Does that make sense? I'm just wondering if I'm the only one this happens to? And if so, does this sound like a VDJ issue? Or is my HD going bad?

Posted Fri 24 May 24 @ 5:18 pm
Could perhaps be a write permission issue (sounds a bit like changes are not being properly saved), for example if your Lace drive is "owned" by a different computer you use too.

Check that you have write permissions to the folder called "virtualdj" on each drive (except local drive)

Posted Fri 24 May 24 @ 7:21 pm

Posted Fri 24 May 24 @ 7:22 pm
Thank you sooo much! I think that did it. I really appreciate the detailed reply!!

Posted Sat 01 Jun 24 @ 2:33 am