Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Instant/Quick filter "list" and separtor behaviour for various tags
nilaymkPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Hi

I am on VDJ 2024 b8124. I am trying to label and organise my library using tags like 'Genre', 'Artist', 'Style' and create "Quick Filters" with 'list' so that I can list all genres or artists in that folder.

Bit of background:
- For 'Genre' tag, I have a quick filter 'list Genre'. Somehow, I figured out that if I use `/` separator instead of a `,` separator each genre gets listed separately. (E.g. when I have "Rock, Pop", "Rap, Hip Hop", I see 2 entries in the quick filter. However, if I have "Rock/Pop", "Rap/Hip Hop", then I see 4 different entries "Rock", "Pop", "Rap", "Hip Hop")
- I understood that the 'Grouping' tag in VDJ is the 'contentgroup' tag for MP3s. I use this tag to add custom info like 'Romantic', 'Remixes', 'Child Friendly', 'Explicit' etc. Sometimes it's a combination (e.g. 'Remix/Child Friendly'. (p.s. The reason I use the 'contentgroup' tag is for interoperability with 3rd Party tag editors like mp3tag)

Now on to my questions and issues I'm facing :-)

1: The separator behaviour seems to be inconsistent between tags. E.g. Genre tag uses `/` separator to separate each value in the same entry. However, the 'Grouping' (i.e. contentgroup) or 'Artist' tags dont seem to respect the `/` separator. Do these fields have a different separator if I wanted to emulate the same behaviour as 'Genre' tag?

2: I can't list 'Comment' tags in Quick Filters (this was one of the reason I had to use the contentgroup tag. Is this intended? (I'm guessing it could be because of 'new line' chars)

3: Is there a way to control/customise how separation happens? (e.g. Can I create 2 quick filters on Genre, one which lists the entries as is (i.e. "Rock/Pop") and other which respects the `/` separator (i.e. "Rock", "Pop")

4. Is there a way to multi-select the from lists (without hardcoding these with AND).

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 7:59 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Multiple fields are only available in a limited number of fields:
-In genre, using ';' or '/'. You can turn on/off using '/' using the filterFolderSplitGenreBySlash option
-User1, User2 and comments: Using hash tags (#tag1 #tag2)
Beyond that, there's no further customization for having multiple entries in a single tag (other than using multiple hardcoded filters using contains, and or or

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 8:55 am