Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Display / filter several tags in the same time
Hi,
I'm surprised to not be able to find the answer, sorry if i missed it in the forum.
Let's say i create 4 tags (tag1, tag2, tag3, tag4). Songs can have one or several tags. This tags are now available as a list next to my search field, but i only can select one tag at a time as a filter. for exemple i would like to select both tag 1 and tag 2 so VDJ display tracks with contain both tags 1 and 2. How do you manage to filter several tags in one time ?
Thank you for your help.
All the best

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 6:26 am
Quick filters can indeed only be combined together (track has tag1 AND tag2)
To display one OR the other (track has tag1 OR tag2) you need to create a FILTER folder where you have much more power and control over attributes of tracks.

Quick filters, are just that. A quick way to filter out data. A decision had to be made whether their combination would act as "AND" or "OR" and for most users "AND" is much more usefull than "OR"

So: Quick filters (next to search bar) always use AND. Use Filter folders instead if you wish / must use "OR"

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 6:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Instead of using a quick filter with 'list', you can also create a quick filter specifically for 'tag1' or 'tag2', just as you would create a regular filter folder

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 6:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I thought about a different way but it means a very different way of writing quick_filters.

you write quick filters with "catch all" rules like [that seem silly until you understand]
BPM > 0

But these are really just logical indicators, then have a button to build a string to send to quick_filter 0

A complicated way to do things but if you want selectable logic with OR filtering, it is possible, it just needs a different set up and one extra click in performance.

example case here,
quick_filter 1 is representing ( bpms > 100 & bpms < 109 )
quick_filter 2 is representing ( bpms > 125 & bpms < 140 )

quick_filter 0 ? quick_filter off & set_var $string "" : set_var $string "" & ( quick_filter 1 ? set_var $string "( BPM > 100 and BPM < 109 )" : ) & ( quick_filter 2 ? param_equal `get_var $string` "" ? set_var $string "( BPM > 125 and BPM < 140 )" : get_text  "`get_var $string` or ( BPM > 125 and BPM < 140 )" & param_cast text & set_var $string :  ) & get_var $string & param_cast text & quick_filter

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 7:25 am