Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Troubleshooting multiple DDJ-1000 controllers on a single laptop
Niche usage here, but my buddy and I would like to be able to play a back to back set on seperate controllers. I have a Pro Infinity license, and VirtualDJ recognizes that both DDJ-1000 controllers are connected. Meaning we can manipulate VDJ with either controller.

However we are running into a problem where the second DDJ that is plugged in will not display waveforms and BPM information in the jogwheels, and instead shows "NO AUDIO DRIVER" (The first DDJ plugged in functions as normal). Does anyone have a solution to this issue? Both DDJs have been update to the most recent firmware updates, and both DDJs are the same model.

Any insight to solve this would be appreciated!

Posted Sun 12 May 24 @ 7:42 pm
The "NO AUDIO DRIVER" message comes from the unit itself (baked into it's firmware) and has to do with driver communication between DDJ-1000 and the host computer.

You should contact Pioneer for that issue. My guess is that Pioneer never thought that someone would need to use two of the same controllers connected on the same system.
I don't know / can tell, if a firmware update will be needed, but a "drivers" update most likely would be needed for this message to go away.

Posted Mon 13 May 24 @ 6:02 am
Thanks for the input. I've put a post on the Pioneer DJ forum as well now in hopes of finding a solution.

I'll try and post back if anything useful comes of it

Posted Mon 13 May 24 @ 2:39 pm